This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're So Vain....

you probably think this post is about you. My apologies to Carly Simon.

We had the woman check in within minutes had a laundry list of complaints about her room. One of her chief complaints was that one of the lights had burnt out. The manager comes up to change it and she points out another one that won't turn on.

The light in question was fixed by the genius act of flipping a light switch on. This woman had not bothered to check the switches on the wall nearest to the door. She proceeds to walk over to the mirror under that light and stare at herself.

She then turns to the manager gives him a smile and tells him she won't be using that light "because it doesn't make her look as pretty as the other ones do." Seriously how vain does a woman have to be to think that anyone especially a stranger would find that an interesting topic.

10 to 1 she was probably fishing for compliments
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

The lighting in the bathroom at my dad's house is so horrendous that no one will use that mirror for anything. In fact, when I catch a glimpse of myself in that mirror as I walk by towards the toilet, I actually shudder. Something about that lighting makes everyone look like a corpse.

So I can kind of see where this woman was coming from, although if the lighting was that bad, you'd have had other complaints. Mostly, she sounds like a nut.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
      you probably think this post is about you. My apologies to Carly Simon.
      Lawsuit!!

Comment

FYI

I have yet to find a lighting source that makes me look good. When they invent it, I'm buying the first truckload from the factory.
        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
          I have yet to find a lighting source that makes me look good.

::::runs in sees the door left wide open::::::::

the non-working ones?

:::ducks and hides::::::
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
          X