This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many Promo/Discounts/Coupons!

Currently, in my women's apparel store, we are running 10, count 'em, TEN special-price-promotions, buy-one-get-one-50%-off, $25 off a purchase of $100 or more, 25% off outerwear, 30% off red-lined markdowns, and other special discounts.

This is insane. Our little cashier heads are exploding. All day long, customers want us to compute what is the "best deal" for them, and we are endlessly dicking around with calculators, not able to pay attention to customers in fitting rooms in order to give them the personalized service we're supposed to.

Then there are MORE customers flocking to the counter with impatient demands for price adjustments, because they just found out about one or more of the ten aforementioned promotions, and they're OUTRAGED because they made their purchases BEFORE their items were discounted, and naturally they take this as a PERSONAL INSULT.

So I guess I'm basically wondering, can anyone really function as a retail manager without relying on pills or booze?

<eye roll>

R.A.

Quoth RetailActress View Post
    So I guess I'm basically wondering, can anyone really function as a retail manager without relying on pills or booze?
    Nope!

Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

Comment

When I was a store manager for RadioShack, I had a personal stash hiding in the bottom drawer of the file cabinet.
      No lie.
      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

<eye roll>

R.A.
        I manage a beer store, they give me free beer every month, and yes my desk does have pills in it.

Comment

This sounds like a store that I love called Lane Bryant. They always have sales going on, one of which is $25 off of a $50 purchase if you have a coupon from the last time you shopped there. I've seen women throwing a giant hoopla about not having their coupons with them, and therefore not being able to use them. Of course, it says on the coupon that you need it AND the receipt, but Lane Bryant knows that customers don't read, so they tell every single customer about the coupons when they staple the receipt to it so you don't lose it.

Does that stop complaints? Hell no.

I've never thrown a fit about prices though. I'm just glad there's a store that sells things big enough to fit my boobs in, yet is tailored enough to not look like I'm wearing a tent.

Comment

So I guess I'm basically wondering, can anyone really function as a retail drone without relying on pills or booze?

Fixed for accuracy. And the answer is hell no, by the way.

Last year, our store manager told us that between Black Friday and Christmas, there would be 42(!) ads going on. These include regular weekly ads, 1,2 and 3-day sales, bonus buys and doorbusters. I imagine we will have a similar number of ads this year.

In fact, here are the ads we are running for this week:
            • Weekly ad Sunday to Saturday
            • Bonus Buys Sunday and Monday (basically a 2-day sale which is treated as a separate ad)
            • 1-day sale on Wednesday
            • 2-day sale Friday and Saturday with doorbusters both days (again the doorbusters are considered separate ads)
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
            X