City needs to get its crap together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City needs to get its crap together

As the only bank in town (there’s a credit union, but they’ve only been here 10 years compared to our 100+), we handle the City’s accounts. In April, the secretary brought over a resolution to open a new checking account. The resolution authorized staff to open a checking account but didn’t list who was authorized to sign. I even emailed the secretary and asked for clarification, but she said it was fine. I drew up documents for the new account based on the last list of authorized signers we had.

I bet some of you can see where this is going already. The authorized signers changed at their first meeting of the year, back in January, but they didn’t bother to tell us at the bank. I wondered why it was taking so long for the signers to come in to sign the documents. Yesterday, the secretary came in with a new resolution listing who was authorized to sign the City’s accounts. So now I have to update the signature cards for all the City checking accounts, but that’s not a big deal. At least they’ll be right, now.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

I suppose the bank staff are lucky in that, at least, nobody from the City came in to scream at you for their error.

I wonder if anybody had a few words with the secretary who said it was fine as it was.

Comment

Hopefully, this is not Thortn or Dalton IL.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
        Hopefully, this is not Thortn or Dalton IL.
        No kidding, that lack of clarification was one factor in the sacking of Reagan's home town.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
        X