Yeah, no, I'm not going to risk my job for you -_-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, no, I'm not going to risk my job for you -_-

Sorry, dude...just because you're a 'regular customer', it doesn't mean that I'm going to break the law or company policy for you. You gonna pay the fine or find me a new job if I do what you want? Yeah, I somehow doubt it. Oh, now you're threatening to never shop here again? Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

Dude bought a vape yesterday and brought it in today to try to get an exchange/refund because it "doesn't taste right". He claimed to have bought the same flavour from us before and it didn't taste like the one he bought last night. Considering we have sold any of that flavour for several months until last night, yeah...he's full of crap. Also, we have a company policy of not permitting exchanges or refunds for any vape/tobacco product, that if I break and get caught would put my job in jeopardy. Nobody is worth that, especially right now when getting a job is difficult.

I told him to come back Monday to speak to the store manager, who I know will tell him the exact same thing I did. Dude kept trying to talk over me, so I repeated what I'd told him and walked away because he clearly figured that the more he talked and threatened to never come back would make me change my mind. This coming from a dude who has lied to my face about things the store manager allegedly let him do. Nope. I'm not playing this game.

I texted my boss about what happened, and he confirmed that I did the right thing and that he's only going to tell the guy the exact same thing I did. I mean, I vape too, and sometimes I've ended up with a flavour that I'm not crazy about, but with how much these things cost I'll finish the damn thing or trade/sell it to somebody who likes the flavour. My boss and I do this on a regular basis, especially if we try a new flavour and end up hating it.
Working...
X