This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Magical Stockroom

At Home Depot everything is in the overhead or in receiving. We don’t have a “backroom” or a “stockroom” (whatever you prefer). Asking more then once if your item is being hid in the back is very annoying. The point of retail establishments is to sell products. Why in the world would we purposely hide items from you? This magical backroom with infinite amount of space does not exist. If it does, please show me.

Enter annoying guy who comes up to the Pro-Desk. We have a Pro-Desk Supervisor now (after four months without one!). She is of course absent. I’m helping another guy with his order that was improperly delivered. So annoying guy asks the Pro-Desk associate if we have item X. Associate looks in the computer and says no we don’t have item X but stores so and so do. AG (annoying guy) does not like this. He asks again. Associate repeats himself. Now I’m standing at the computer next to the associate so I hear all of this. AG asks when are we getting it in. Associate says he doesn’t know.

Which is true because our computers will tell us if we have something on order but the shipment date is NOT the date we’ll get it into the store so we (management) tell associates to always say you don’t know. AG then says to get someone who does. Associate turns to me. I say hold on for a moment. I wrap up things with the other guy and slide over to speak with AG. AG asks me if we have item X. I say no. He says do we have it in the “stockroom”. I say no, we don’t have a stockroom. AG then decides to switch it up. “Do you have it in the backroom?” Again I say we don’t have one. He says, “it must be back there”. I assure him that we don’t have one.

Lather, rinse and unfortunately repeat. I wanted to just say, “Yes we have it back there but we’re not going to give it to you! Ha ha Ha!”

Quoth Neo_Classic View Post
    This magical backroom with infinite amount of space does not exist. If it does, please show me.
    At one of the stores I worked at, we actually did have a backroom with what appeared to be an "infinite" amount of space. But, there was hardly ever any stock in there, just a few excess items.

The rest of it was, strangely, out on the floor for customers to actually buy.

Comment

Ah yes, the magical stockroom! I visited it many a times at the Evil Bullseye. I worked Softlines mostly, and all hanging items are on the salesfloor. Only a handful of larger, mass quantity kids things are in the back. Sadly, this didn't mean a thing to those who insist we MUST have a Medium in this color in the back! I usually did get to see new stuff in the back come in! Sadly, never found that magical hanging backstock. :P
      First Lesson I learned from working in a bookstore:
      People who can read are made of the same rudeness as those who cannot.

Comment

We don’t have a “backroom” or a “stockroom” (whatever you prefer).
        Our backroom is only there for the Un-Loading of Trucks. It is roughly twenty feet by twenty feet. All our backstock is randomly placed on top of our shelves.
        "Do you have any more in the back room?"
        Uh, if we do, it'll shortly be on the floor. But I can't say for sure, as I have no way of checking the inventory from here...
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Lather, rinse and unfortunately repeat. I wanted to just say, “Yes we have it back there but we’re not going to give it to you! Ha ha Ha!”
          It's funny that customers actually think that employees think like that. The store's purpose is to sell you something. Outside of instances where an item might be on the bottom of a huge shipment and would take forever to get to, what would it or its employees have to gain by not selling you something that it had in stock?

Comment

This magical backroom with infinite amount of space does not exist. If it does, please show me.

We Transformers fans have a word for this: Subspace. It's where Optimus Prime's trailer goes when he transforms, it's how a giant robot can turn into a hand gun, and apparently a place to hide stock from customers

Comment

Our backroom is so jacked up at the moment, we couldn't get some items out to the floor quickly if we tried, thanks to all the phantom locations (meaning the item is located on a certain shelf but we can't actually find it).

Or because stuff is being placed in backstock without a backstock location.

The other night the idiots who unload the truck put two cases of Guitar Hero 3 bundles on a shelf in furniture without locating them. If I hadn't happened to stumble upon them, they never would have made it to the floor.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Subspace, neh. It's the Back Room of Holding.

I must atone for using a terrible gaming term.

Comment

Working...
                X