This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC stole co-worker's going-away gift!

My co-worker retired yesterday (as did I) from a retail store she had worked in for many years. Another co-worker stopped by her counter, said congrats, and handed her a little wrapped gift.
    A little old lady customer was at the counter, being helped by the retiring worker.
    When she was finished, the worker left the gift at the counter to go to another counter (on the other side of the selling floor) to help another customer.

She came back a few minutes later and her little gift was gone!
    She called security, and they ran the tape footage. They saw that little old lady reach over the counter top, pick up that wrapped gift, and leave with it!!

I couldn't believe it when I was told about it! That SC didn't even know what was in that box, but she just had to steal it! The suckage is just is to great for me to even articulate!

I know my co-worker is happy to be out of there, but what an awful memory to take away with you! (my day, by contrast, was pretty nice)
    I no longer fear HELL.
    I work in RETAIL.

*sigh* no human decency left in most people.

Comment

Wow! just Wow!

Comment

I'm both appalled and not all that surprised. It's a weird feeling. Anyway, that old lady can go to Hell. I'm really sorry for your co-worker.
        "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

I've been dealing with the ugly side of people for so long, I'm not surprised at all by this. Truly sad.
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

That may be one of the most selfish, spiteful things I've ever heard of....
            What a joy-sapping thing to happen on the last day working at a place.
            3 Basic rules for ordering food.
            - Order from the menu.
            - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
            - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

If she paid by check you have her address... and can press charges for theft of private property.

That's what I would do, wouldn't matter if it was an older person.

Comment

Quoth Marxfan View Post
                I'm both appalled and not all that surprised.
                As am I.

Sad, isn't it?
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Find out who she is and get her for every penny left of her retirement or Social Security she has left.

Being old isn't an excuse to be a thief.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

How much ya wanna bet she'll give that as a gift to someone on her Christmas list. Heck, it's already wrapped and everything!

What a piss ant!

Retail Haiku:
                    Depression sets in.
                    The hellhole is calling me ~
                    I don't want to go.

Comment

Every time I think I've seen the lowest act, another comes along and takes its place.
                      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
                        If she paid by check you have her address... and can press charges for theft of private property.

That's what I would do, wouldn't matter if it was an older person.
                        Ditto. I hope she's a "regular" or that she was making a return, so you have her address. I'm sorry she's a little old lady, but she deserves a bitch-slapping.

Congrats to you and your coworker, btw. Maybe this is karma's way of saying things are only gonna get better from here. Best of luck
                        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

So long as she paid by something other than cash it probably wouldn't be too hard to figure out at least what her name is...

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
                            How much ya wanna bet she'll give that as a gift to someone on her Christmas list. Heck, it's already wrapped and everything!

What a piss ant!

Too bad it's not a gag gift.

Would be so funnay for the old bat to give it to her grandchild...and watch him or her unwrap a sex toy of some sort.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

But customers are entitled to anything they want, aren't they? They're customers!
                              Customers: from 0 to stupid in 2.5 sentences.

Comment

Working...
                              X