Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which type of business gets the most wierdos.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year I worked at a Weis Markets for a few months that was right across the street from my school. Every annoying prep who stayed after 3:30 for charity club number 37 shopped there, every arrogant thespian came in to buy low fat cookies before the newest school plays opening night, every stupid jock came in after football practice to buy an unopened 2-liter of liquid pork rinds, every annoying punk came in to shoplift, and, of course, the kids who were too cool to actually buy/steal anything would skip off to our parking lot to light up and scare our customers away.

We also got to cater to the townies who never moved more than fifty feet away from their high school, and the college students at the state university main campus who didn't feel like cooking Raman again tonight...
    "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

I would think the worst is any place that actually lets customers walk through the door. Or call.

Comment

Quoth MaverickGypsy View Post
        I would think the worst is any place that actually lets customers walk through the door. Or call.
        I think payment centers are, when you talk about places customers walk in to, the worst. In Lake Worth, FL, about ten years ago, a disgruntled customer shot and killed a clerk on duty at a payment center, all because of his telephone bill. This was not a Bellsouth employee, just someone working at the payment center that Bellsouth used, and it was all because he wanted to kill someone related to that company "for making his rates go up."

Sears used to take Bellsouth payments, but they had to stop it because of the problems. Mainly, it was not customers wanting to pay their bill, but instead customers demanding to speak to someone live and in person to discuss every detail of their bill. The business of Sears was being disrupted because of disgruntled customers, and after the aforementioned incident above, I believe this was why they decided to stop doing it.
        Last edited by greensinestro; 12-03-2007, 07:48 PM.

Comment

greensinestro, this is why my boss refuses to let us give out our last names or what city the call center is in. He doesn't want to risk anyone's safety on someone who might try to track us down.
          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
          X