Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People try to pull that crap with us too, though the difference is we DO have a rather large safe full of money. But that doesn't mean we're a bank and we don't have to cater to their whims.
    I even refuse to take rolls of coins from customers. Sure they've complained, sure I've had people who yell that I can't refuse money (which I'm not, I'm just refusing THAT money).
    Don't like it? Too bad, go to TD.

Comment

Noncustomers expecting me to make change for them has to be a pet peeve for me! Why should I risk running out of change for customers who are doing business with us just because random noncustomers decide they want change for a purpose that won't benefit us?

As a general rule, I won't make change for noncustomers. Buy gas or something in the store, or forget it! The only exceptions are for noncustomers who want change for the payphone or air machine. Even then, I'll only change a dollar or two just because those machines are on our property, and then the drawer gets closed again. Don't even ask me for change for the car wash or laundromat across the street. They are not ours, so we have nothing to do with them. Besides, those facilities have change machines on the premesis. It's not my problem if a noncustomer doesn't want to use the laundromat/car wash's change machines or they are not working right or whatever other crybaby reason noncustomers want to whine at me.

Special change requests from customers will make me cringe, but I'll usually do my best to give customers back the change they want. The problem with this is that our company's cash policy is very strict about how much cash we're allowed to keep in the drawer. The area manager over the store where I work is notorious for surprising us with mid-shift audits. So, I'm forced to drop my money to the safe frequently lest I be over the cash policy allowance in case of audit. I frequently find myself haggling with customers over change requests. That way I have enough change so that I don't have to buy it from the safe. Here lately, our area manager has gotten very audit happy with all of the stores in his district, and he's very strict about playing by the rules.

I know most noncustomers and customers don't care about all of that because they think it's supposed to be all about them, but they don't have to stay there for 8-10 hours dealing with every other customer who visits during my shifts.

By the way, we had a company-wide meeting today reviewing policies and procedures, so it's been a fun day here! I've worked there long enough that I already know everything that was discussed.... Ugh! *sigh*
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
      X