This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...I hate you, Nintendo.

So, you go to a store, waited 15 minutes to get in at opening looking for a Wii. The rep tells you they are all spoken for via a voucher system. So, what do you do?

A) Ask about these vouchers you know nothing about.
    B) Get angry because they don't have them.
    C)Cuss out the rep.
    D) All of the above.

Guess what they did? 15 angry customers came through the doors looking for Wii's we'd given out vouchers for at about 9 that morning to people who'd formed a line around 8:30 am.

-grumbles- Entitlement whores... whining how that's not fair and they stayed on line for a half out and wank. Yeah, it was snowing at 8:30 am, jerks, and those people were willing to stay online for an hour and a half, they beat you. Go home and whine in private, kthnx.
    6/16/2008: Best. Day. Ever.

Things I've Learned: Birth is not a miracle, it's a science, and science is damned disgusting. It's also really, really, cool.

Please can we kill them? Pretty please?
    Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth Pixagi View Post
      D) All of the above.

Guess what they did?
      *twitch*

You want a Wii? I've got one RIGHT HERE!

"Do you still want a Wii?!"

"YES!"
      "WRONG ANSWER! *ZAP!* DO YOU STILL WANT A WII?!"

"YES!"

"WRONG ANSWER!"

"We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Want a Wii? I HAVE YOUR WII RIGHT HERE!

...I like my 360 better...
        Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

I get 3 calls a day minimum asking if we have any Wii's in, no lie.

Yesterday, I got a good-natured guy, and when he asked, I said, "What do you think?"
          He laughed and said, "Can't blame me for trying!"

But usually I get griped at about how we should have them, and waiting lists and crap...

It's FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE, ONE PER PERSON. Thank you, and no I will not hold you one.

Oh, I love the lady I had last night that insisted that we did have them, but they were in "the back". We're a warehouse, all that's "back" there is trash compactors and a dock. If we did have them, they'd be up in the steel or on the floor. And you know if a member saw that they were in the steel, we'd be screamed at immediately to get them one.
          "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

We got our Wii. Got in line at Toys R Us at 4am (were number 12). They handed out vouchers at 6, then took pity and let us get them at 7 (an hour before the store opened).

--Dave

Comment

Just wait till after the holidays. Wii's will be available all over the place by then.

Comment

You know, it's things like this that make me glad I have a friend who works at GameStop. I got a call from him one day, telling me they had a stack of Wiis available. I hurried over and scored me one, no muss no fuss. ^_^
                Dealer hits... 21. Table loses.

This happens more often than most people want to believe.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                  Just wait till after the holidays. Wii's will be available all over the place by then.
                  That's what they said LAST year.

I want a Wii.

I'm just to lazy to actually put any effort in to buying one. If it's not on the shelf or if it requires me to line up before the store opens, I'm just not going to get it. Never mind I really can't afford a Wii, I WANT ONE, dang it! We'll get one, eventually. One day. Probably not until next year though, but we'll get one.

(We'd probably have one already, had they not put Twilight Princess out on Game Cube. )
                  you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

I bought a wii this past summer and there were dozens all over the place

Comment

Quoth marty View Post

Want a Wii? I HAVE YOUR WII RIGHT HERE!

...I like my 360 better...
                      Hell yeah! I want that system JUST to play oblivion. I'm a morrowind nut!
                      Check out my cosplay social group!
                      http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

My brother wanted a Wii for Christmas, too. And so you know what my mother did? Wait for it, Sucky Customers. And brace yourselves. This might be too logical for you. Ready? Ok.

SHE BOUGHT ONE IN MAY, WHEN WIIS WERE APLENTY, AND HID IT IN HER CLOSET. And now there's a wrapped Wii under the tree for my brother to open on Christmas morning.

But you, customers, you are the ones who choose to wait until 23 days before Christmas to get the must-have hot item and then bitch when it's sold out. Get over yourselves, sirs and/or madams.
                        "Penny Lou Pingleton, you are absolutely, positively, permanently punished! You will live on a diet of saltines and tang, and you'll never leave this room again....Devil child! Devil child!"

Comment

Where are you people that Wiis are plentiful? It'd probably be worth the drive just to find one. I waaaaaaants one!

Our store hasn't every been able to keep them in stock all year. The longest I've heard of them staying on the shelf was from opening until 6 PM. And from what I've experienced while covering the operator's breaks, more than half the phone calls we get in a day are for the Wii (before Thanksgiving it was more like 1 in 4 was for it).

Now, if you wanted a PS3, we have more than will fit in the locked case so there's two just sitting on the shelf...
                          It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

I got my Wii easily enough on Black Friday -- I know people. But so far it's been nothing but trouble for me. First, I got into a huge and ongoing spat with Amazon that's been going on for days... I'm going to get to the bottom of it even if I have to go all the way to the top. Then I lost a friend over it, but we won't talk about that. Then I have to deal with a brother who expects it -- at cost -- for his grandson "who says he really doesn't want one but I figure I'll buy it for him anyway because it's so hard to get." (Not going to happen -- toys, like money, go where they're wanted and stay where they're well treated).

Now I have to deal with selling it. I'll probably wind up making money off it but after all the hassle, it really doesn't worth it anymore.

It's too bad I hate videogames... I'd just keep it for myself.
                            I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Aw-

Try having 100 of them on Sunday and having to turn away at least 50 more people on top of that. And this was 2 hours BEFORE the store opened.

You, sir, have it easy....
                              Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Working...
                              X