Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have to ask for land line phone number for a receipt to print . . .even on cash sales. Granted even the founders of the company, corporate big wigs are asked for this info when they come in and make a purchase. Which is good information to give to the customer as back up that we don't sell the information.
    The reason we ask . . .so that we will mail you catalogs that only relate to what you purchase from us. Catalogs come out with our 3 sales a year, special promotion, and one specific product.

I do have to say the gentleman who got on to me for asking for a phone number to the lady in front of him . . .and saying that I shouldn't invade her privacy like that especially a pretty lady like her, he could be making note of the info blah blah conspiricy theory . . .then no problem and no crap gave me his own number had me and the next customer laughing.

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
      We have to ask for land line phone number for a receipt to print . . .even on cash sales.
      What do you do for the people who only have cell phones? Granted, that's mainly a younger-generation trend, but both my mom and my uncle have only cells, no land lines.
      "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

The option to decline giving a number is given . . .however the system does track how often you get numbers vs don't . . . I figure mainly to make sure we ask.
        I would like to see them switch to having a reason for decline . . .as in - cell only, unlisted, out of country, decline to give, etc.
        It would be a more accurate track for them.

Comment

I don't get it.

Where does it matter where the money for the plastic bags goes anyway?

What I have noticed is that since the local discount supermarkets started charging for bag that at least half the customers show up using re-usable bags. Once you count out how many plastic bags in total not being in used and then sent on to the dump your should see that this is a positive win for the environment.

Plus, I notice the snobs out there showing off their cloth bags against those using re-usable plastic ones, and the users of hemp based bag looking down their noses at the cotton/linen bag owners.

So even many of the SCs out there are happy too!

Comment

Working...
          X