This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC apologizes, hell freezes over

I must say I don't think has ever happened to me.
    I rang this lady and her friend through and then the lady asked if we had an email address.
    I directed her to the address, listed on one of the bookmarks in her books.
    Being a good little peon, I asked her if there was a problem I could help her with, since she was nice, but had a slightly irriated air.
    She thought our religion section was too small, and missing stuff.
    I went through all the religions in that section(i.e. Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, etc) in my head and couldn't find anything missing. I asked her what was missing.
    It got weird.
    'This is some kind of CHRISTIAN conspiracy! You have no alternative religions in there!! THERE ARE OTHER RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD!! We have been here longer than anything down there!! THIS IS A CHRISTIAN CORPORATION CONSPIRACY!'

I asked her if she meant Wiccan and other pagan religions. She said yes, and began her Christian conspiracy rant again.
    I interrupted her.
    'Um actually the alternative religion section, with Wiccan, shamanism and stuff is so large it wouldn't fit down there in religion. It's about twice the size of the Christianity section. We had to put it upstairs...'
    Her mouth did that fish open close thing. Her friend started laughing like crazy.
    Then hell froze over.
    She looked at me and admitted 'Boy I feel STUPID!!! I'm sorry!!'
    Her friend said that maybe next time she should look through the whole store instead of making assumptions.
    I have never had someone apologize!!

Did I just see a flying pig go by?

Yep, there he goes!

Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

im in a state of shock! reboot! reboot!
      it's said that no sane person could bite another person and draw blood. I've done it before, but then again sanity has always been questionable in our family.

Comment

so THAT is why we're having such a bad rainfall right now. (Freeway's flooded!)
        "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Wow, that's impressive.

B&N has Wicca and all that with the New Age books, which are right behind religion. Christianity is still the largest subsection, though (though none of them ever have enough room for all the books). Christianity also has its own sub-subsections (Christianity, Christian Inspiration, Christian Reference, Gnosis, and a few other small categories that are broken out in the computer but in reality get shelved with Inspiration, unless a store happens to carry enough titles to warrant a separate shelf label, generally meaning 25 or more, which neither of my stores do.) Judaism also has a few subsections (General Judaica, History, Reference, Holocaust Studies).
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 12-03-2007, 11:41 PM.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

A few of them do apologize. Or if they think I'm offended (very little offends me) they try to make an effort to make up for it. Some of them just get frustrated and tend to make stupid remarks like that.

Comment

I had a customer apologise once. He came into the pharmacy on a Saturday and our regular pharmacist doesn't work on the weekend so we have pharmacists who work just for that day. Due to this any complaint has to be dealt with in the week so we ask them to come back Monday. This one guy came in demanded to see the pharmacist, wouldn't listen when I said the usual speil saying he has been told to come in that day by the pharmacist. After a lot of arguing I phoned the pharmacist and he confirmed he hadn't told anyone to meet him anywhere that day. I passed that info on and the guy went totally mental. Swearing and shouting, calling me a liar and all sorts.
              He returned on Monday and said sorry to me for his behaviour and that he was totally out of order.

Comment

Quoth GolfCart34 View Post
                Did I just see a flying pig go by?
                You must be in Cincinnati then. We have statues of the flying pig around the city. Probably showed up about the time Jerry Springer was elected mayor. It is often said they will fly again if the city council puts out a balanced budget.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                X