This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somewhere in Great Britain a village is missing an idiot

Oh how did I forget this one from today?
    (and please don't get offended British CSers--I know that you and the vast majority of your fellow citizens aren't like this)

A British lady, identifiable by her thick accent, bought the display of a 7-foot artificial Christmas tree because we had no more in boxes to sell. We took it outside and she pulled up in a Ford Taurus station wagon.

Of course disassembling the tree so it would fit better wasn't an option. So we got to spend about 10 minutes in the bitter cold, shoving and shoving this tree into her car, while she stands over us and exhorts us to "Jam in it 'ere!" like a demented Mary Poppins.

Finally we managed to fit the tree in the car so that the hatchback could close. As the lady turned to leave, she expressed her gratitude thusly: "That had better not be damaged!"

I told my coworker as we were re-entering the store and she was out of earshot "I hope it is."
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Oooooh I could sure jam it in somewhere alright...
    My Wajas cave

Comment

It might not be damaged yet but it will by the time she gets it out of the car again I suspect

Comment

Perhaps next time she should consider getting one of those trees that collapses like an umbrella. You know, just like the one they had in "How The Grinch Stole Christmas."

The umbrella tree would be much more suited for shoving the tree somewhere where the sun doesn't shine.
        Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Working...
        X