Clear All

Oh, bad pun overload.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      my inflatable cactus Christmas tree.
      Inflatable cactus? I want one...!

I helped mom get a tree last week (she put it in a bucket of water at her boss' house on the deck and...it froze. Seems like it'll be alright though. For my bolthole, I got an artificial "pathetic tree" (replica of the one from A Charlie Brown Christmas...it's so cute).
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

We decided to go artifical since the tree last year dropped so many needles even though we kept watering it every day. It looked like half the needles fell off by Christmas morning. I was glad to toss that ne to the curb. We ended up going to Target once the trees got to 75% off and got a really nice one. Funny thing though was when we set it up for the first time this year, some of the "needles" came off. Made the wife laugh when I said "not again".

Comment

Jester's decorated saguaro reminds me of the tree that I saw at Michael's that I would dearly love to get....pink feathers about 4 foot tall.

I don't have room in my place for a tree right now, so last year, I decorated the wall over my old desk and put all the presents on the desk. I like live trees, except for the needle problem. You're usually still picking the damn things out of the carpet on the 4th!
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I have no Christmas tree. Or lights. I have a scowling reindeer that yells, "BAH HUMBUG!" when you squeeze it. I do not like Christmas. Though I do rather enjoy my mother's Christmas cookies- she, of the Atheist persuasion, doesn't care for the holiday but takes any chance to bake.

Though, given the chance to decorate a giant cactus, I might.
            My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              Jester's decorated saguaro reminds me of the tree that I saw at Michael's that I would dearly love to get....pink feathers about 4 foot tall.

I don't have room in my place for a tree right now, so last year, I decorated the wall over my old desk and put all the presents on the desk. I like live trees, except for the needle problem. You're usually still picking the damn things out of the carpet on the 4th!
              I just saw that one Wednesday when I buzzed in for some suction cups (after searching for 15 minutes and Mom making a wrong turn b/c our Michaels store had moved recently.)

If I'd had the money at the time I'd have bought one and explained to Mom that it just jumped into my arms and wouldn't let go.

Speaking of pink trees, Garden Ridge advertised some about 2-3 weeks ago that were pre-lit . . . they had pink, white and a light purple. Mom just had to show me that flyer . . .

I wanna pink Christmas tree
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

When I was little we had a fake tree. When we were old enough to have fun picking out a real tree we got a real one. Then when we were old enough to be "over" the traipsing around in the cold we went back to fake.

My mom had a little tree about 2 feet tall that I took for my apartment. I have a star for the top that's a little too heavy, and when I first put it on I hadn't pulled the branches out very much, so with the top bent over and the sparse areas it was very "Charlie Brown Christmas"...so my roommate and I put a blue blanket (well, towel, really) around the bottom and hung one ornament on it

I brought back some more ornaments last night, though, so we decorated it a bit more today.

I also have a little Advent tree that's about 8 inches tall and has 24 drawers in the base, each with a little ornament. It also has a string of lights and a string of silver star beads, and an angel for the top. I also added a string of red beads, because the light string is a little too short. The base is a music box that plays "We Wish You a Merry Christmas."

Sadly, I just discovered that the batteries for the lights are dead.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Inconceivable!!

It is 23 degrees, and we have an Ice/snow storm on our doorstep. Nonstop customers in all day for ice melt and de-icer....

...and not one person wanted me to go out in the cold to cut them a tree!

"First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

mattm04

One of our cats died before christmas last year. We got a new one in February of this year, it as about 1.5-2 years old and still very playful and energetic. I am fairly certain the tree will get knocked over at some point because of the precious furball.

I'm in the same boat. My daughter is 3, and her little hairball is about 1.5 as well. I bought the loudest frickin' bells I could find to use as ornaments. Figured I could at least try to give 'em both a good scare when the tree hits the ground. Although right now the little hairball is just chewing the lights off.......

Comment

Working...
                    X