Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We called 911 because we thought you were DEAD!....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a cheating spouse in a motel story.

My parents managed motels when I was a teenager. We'd been in one place for maybe a year, very small property in a high tourist town.
    Mom was checking in a couple and the guy looked very familiar to my mom. She tells him he looks familiar but he insists he doesn't. By the end of the transaction, as she's giving them the room key, she thinks she's pretty sure of who he is and mentions a mutual acquaintance that he would have known.
    Nope, not him, he insisted. (either the name was no help or he didn't use his real name, I don't remember)

They had asked for restaurant recomendations and by the time they were leaving for dinner my mom was positive who he was and actually walked out to where they were getting in the car and dropped another name.
    Nope, not him.

By this time she's pretty sure it's him and thought it was odd that he was insisting otherwise. The woman she remembered him marrying wasn't the woman who checked in with him but people get divorced and she hadn't seen this couple for years.

Sure enough, they get back from dinner, pack up their suitcases and leave without staying the night.

At that point she knows damn well who it was and what's going on. That isn't the funny part though. About a month later my parents go to a friends church one sunday monrning a few towns down the coast. There, in the pulpit, is the guy. He wasn't the preacher but Mom said they made eye contact and his pause was obvious. He was also still married to the friend mom remembered and they stayed after service and had a nice talk. He went straight to the car.

Mom never told her but I'm sure he never cheated so close to home again.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
    ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
      When I was reading this, I somehow knew it was going to turn into the unfaithful husband syndrome.
      Same here.

I wish I had a story to share.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

not a cheating husband, but boy does it get interesting...

I was working graveyard at this middle of nowhere motel near a tourist trap. As part of my nightly routine to maintain my sanity I'd walk the grounds and the hotel with the cordless phone in case any randy couples needed bedsheets to tie each other up with (never took that request, the tourist trap was more retiree oriented). Anyway I come in from outside on a full up night to hear some very distinct and loud moaning. Shortly, I realized it was two women, so I hung around for a while and then popped down to the desk to see who had the surrounding rooms. Two single guys, I bet they had a great story for their buddies at the bar about that night. Anyway I digress, I came back to the room to see if they've finished. They had and the one who had been cheated on was having regrets and the one who had probably coaxed her into this drunken tryst was telling her that he didn't deserve her and she did nothing wrong. Anyway neither guy checked out before my shift was up and neither did the ladies.

(I have others, old people humping, wedding drunks, etc.)

Comment

I would like to take this opportunity to first and foremost apologize for my wicked behavior to anyone here that may work at a tourist trap hotel in Virginia Beach or a small hotel in Kentucky.

Sincerely, I am sorry for the visuals I may have made, and I'm sorry for wasting ice from your machines for my silly games. Sometimes, though, you just have to take a vacation to get any true time to yourself

You should hang a ball gag on their door, see if they get the hint! lolol
          Last edited by Pezzle; 12-06-2007, 05:44 AM. Reason: Witty-ness-ess

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
            Here in Whitby Ontario Canada, dialing 911 *WILL* always bring all three.

When my brother died, my mom called 911 and tried to get only the ambulance - all three showed up.

When my dad had an attack just before he died, my mom called 911 and tried to get only the ambulance - all three showed up.

When my brother's nurse died in the basement, the other nurse call 911 for medical help - all three showed up.

Sometimes you can't just get one only.
            I'm in Toronto and here all three show up as well. I was just pointing out how many different public servants she was wasting the time of because she couldn't just confront her husband and instead dragged the 911 services into it.

Comment

Quoth PhotoChick View Post
              I'm not sure what an enforcer is.
              Its a one person battering ram, normally painted red or black that has sufficient mass to effectivly and safely gain entry through a locked door. Have tried to look on youtube for a video of it in action to no avail.
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
              X