This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No I can't price match a hotel 10 miles away

I actually got this twice tonight... one was on a monitored call... and it was great because the notes on the call from my manager said I handled myself very well with a hostile guest

anyway, first call went thusly
    me- "ok, and the AAA rate for tonight is $117.40" (yes I do remember that scarily enough)
    guest- "oh, but the Holiday Inn on the north side of campus offer a rate of $109" (he was calling the Holiday Inn on the south side of said campus)
    me- "yes, that does sound about right"
    guest- "well, will you price match them"
    me- "no sir, I cannot price match other hotels"
    guest- "but it's one of yours"
    me- "yes, but there are several reasons I can't price match them... one they have fewer amenities than us, 2 they are in a less desirable location, and three even if we were identical in all aspects, they are run by a different franchisee"
    the guest did ultimately pay the 117... the best part his name was one that rhymed with moron... you have no idea just how much I wanted to "accidentally" misspell his name

second one was the same thing but even worse, the guest wanted to know if I could price match a marriot... umm, no, same thing as before, different amenities, not as good of a location, and not even the same company.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song
Working...
X