Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lady tries to scam us thinking we are all idiots, fails miserabley(long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady tries to scam us thinking we are all idiots, fails miserabley(long)

In addition to the FE registers our chain has them in the prepared food areas for customers who want to run in get a coffee, sandwich etc. All the employees hate them because your work gets interrupted with all these idiots buying a coffee or something and then walking up front to pay for the rest of their groceries. Today was unusually fulled with SC's.

SC #1 was both sucky and condescending. She manages to get the cup without any assistance. She then asks me where the tea is. It is in a big basket next to the cup dispenser, how she missed it I don't know. Next she asks were the lids are. I say on the top of the dispenser, sher looks down. Eventually i have to get the lid for her. She approaches the register and asks me to fil the cup with water.(The coffee is self serve, we have to get the water)..

Me: How much water would you like?
    SC: .....
    Me: Ma'am, how much water?
    SC: *sign* don;t you people know how to do anything! Fill it A-L-L T-H-E W-A-Y to the top.
    Me: <fill cup to top, hand to SC> .Would you like to pay here or with the rest of your groceries?
    SC: I do thing the right way, not like every lazy kid who works here.
    Me: Here or up front?
    SC: Wow, you really are dumb. Here.
    I ring her up, get change, and had it yo her as politely as I can, that pisser her off that I was nto effected by her nastiness.

SC#2, the scammer. We have have had some problems with people just leaving money at the registers and walking off. We don't know why so we have to bring it the the CS desk and they tag it as lost, fill out the form and put in in the cash office to be put in the safe. When this happens the SC has essentially stolen the item they tried to pay for.

One lady told me she has left money for a coffee by the register as she is walking way. I run over to the register to she what she had done. she left me $0.93, nothing close to any of our beverages or food items. I page the manager who comes down, sees what is going on. He make a page asking for her to come back to the register. She never comes. The MOD as LP go on a little hide-and-seek mission to retrieve her. The GM finds her and tell her that she need to pick up the money she left, or it will be given to charity and pay up front OR come back to the register and have it rung up. She is pissed that we caught on to her scheme and comes storming up the register. She picks up the money and shoves it at me, when i count is suprize, suprize it is not enough. She eventually coughs up the correct amount, then demands to speak with the General Manager. The person that fond her in the store was the GM and he was standing behind me while I ring her up. He walks up and says "how can I help you?" shocked she says "YOU are the GM" He points to his name badge to confirm that he is, not happy she tells us she will be reporting this and leaves, beverage in hand, minus her cart full of stuff.
Working...
X