This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait, what was that reason again?

This happened Tuesday, and I'm not really sure what in the world was really going on. It's the worst reason ever to return a game, but I can't believe that someone made it up hoping that it would work.

My company has a "Used Sales are final" policy that we break pretty much all the time. Our manager has given us a free ticket to use our judgment and make the customer happy while not going overboard. (He rocks.)

So Tuesday this guy comes into the store with a game he purchased earlier in the day. He wants to return it.

Weird Guy: Um, I want to return this cause you can't see the gun. (He has Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm)
    Me: I'm sorry?
    WG: Yeah, I just got into the military style games and I really just wanted one that I can see the gun on.
    Me: Is this really happening? What the eff do I tell him? Did you play a couple levels or just not see the gun when you started and decide that wasn't for you?
    WG: I played a couple levels. I'll pay the difference for a different game though.
    Me: Oh, what the hell. Corporate will do the refund if it were to go there anyway. Ok, I can do that, but only this time and cause you got it today. If you came in tomorrow with this, I wouldn't be able to get you hooked up. (I also noted this on his account).

He went and got Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, which is obviously the same series but lets you see the gun from your first-person perspective.

Does this make sense to anyone? And does anyone else have any stories about refunds that were too off the wall to be fake?

Can I return my copy of duck hunt cuz I can't shoot a the dog?
    It's a lil old tho.

CUSTOMER'S ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Yeah, I've been that person, actually.

Bought a programming book some years ago. Keep that in mind: I bought a book on how to deal with programming a computer.

Returned it a few days later because the author's writing style was pissing me off totally. Yes, somehow, the person writing about computer programming techniques was pissing me off totally.

Comment

I think his reason was somewhat eccentric, but not wacky. After all, he only took two bites of the meal before he said he didn't like it; it's not as if he ate the whole meal then wanted it for free plus gift certificates and an apology (to use a restaurant metaphor).
        I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
          I think his reason was somewhat eccentric, but not wacky. After all, he only took two bites of the meal before he said he didn't like it; it's not as if he ate the whole meal then wanted it for free plus gift certificates and an apology (to use a restaurant metaphor).
          But this is why these stores have strict policies on this. They're not a rental company , or better yet, a charity company. They're in it to make money, not deal with losing out because of someone who found out there's a cooler game out there they can buy.

Comment

I think it was cool of you to do the return. I wouldn't like a FPS where you can't see the weapon either.

Comment

Restaurants have discretion over their policies, too. I think it was totally fair to do it "just this once" and make a note in the logbook like they said they did.

The original post was asking if the customer's REASON was bizarre, not was the store policy reasonable.
              I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                But this is why these stores have strict policies on this. They're not a rental company , or better yet, a charity company.
                I hear that. The real place that we get more complaints about that is in our trade-ins. We guarantee more trade credit than anyone else, and we do stand by that, but it can still be pretty lousy on some things. I know for a fact that I've given someone ten bucks in store credit, only to turn around and toss a $50 price tag on it. Granted, that price is cheaper than anyone else around, but that ten bucks is rough. People see/hear that and get (understandably) pissed. A lot of people assume they can trade their game in for full purchase price and get another game for free. Then they get upset when I explain that's not how it works.

Comment

Working...
                X