Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He's back and has reported us to the better business bureau.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's back and has reported us to the better business bureau.

Here's the original thread:
    http://customerssuck.com/board/newre...ote=1&p=231864

This guy came in bought an RC truck, spent A LOT of money, didn't read the instructions or have the patience to make the thing work, assumed it must be OUR fault, demanded his money back, we said no, he got mad and left the thing here, the owner told him to come get it or it would be donated to charity, his wife came to pick it up, owner told her that there isn't anything wrong with his truck and we want him to enjoy it so have him come back in and we will work with him to get it broken in, she was greatful and left.

A couple days later he sent us an e-mail that was quite threatening, although not gramatically accurate for how important he makes himself sound. English might not be his first language, but if you're going to try to make yourself sound more intelligent and successful than the average small business owner you better back that shit up.

Anyway, he said he reported us to the better business bureau, contested the charge on his credit card, and threatened to warn all of the "unsuspecting" christmas shoppers of our tyranical return policy. He also complained about my boyfriend, our RC tech, saying that he was "very grumpy".

He's not going to get any money back from his credit card company or us and here's why: We have it posted in the store and on the receipt. We are well within the law.

If his product really was defective, we would have worked with him, but it wasn't! He ruined it himself! Not only that, but if we cover his warranty item ourselves we could lose our license to sell that brand of items. Not only that, but we aren't going to take back a truck that was ruined by a customer and put it back on the shelf! We aren't wal-mart!

And grumpy? GRUMPY?! Hell yeah he was grumpy! This guy comes into our store and tells him an outright lie! That he had read his manual and did everything it told him to do when he didn't have any batteries in his reciever! What the fuck? That's the first thing the manual tells you to do! Not only that, but it's just common sense! How do you expect to power your reciever? By magic? Not only that, but when you walk into our store with an attitude, expect to get one right back. We don't wipe your ass for you, grow the hell up!

asshole
    Check out my cosplay social group!
    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

wow that sucks.

i had one like this come in the other day, only she started the complaining before she even got to our store.

she accused us of selling her a bad tire, which blew out on the freeway, of course she starts makeing all the calls from her cell the moment it happens wanting to speak to managers, she even called the head of our division.

she gets there and the blow out was caused by a nail that had fallen out of the tire, the hole clearly visible in what was left of the tread.

when we told her this and showed her the hole she still insisted we sold her a bad tire, the tow truck driver asked us what would cause the tire to get ahead of the car (apparently 30 yards or so) i said well if the blow out is quick, and the tread clears the rim with no problem, it would use the momentum of its roll to go where ever it wanted too. she, the tow truck driver was kind of miffed she had to chase the thing down for the girl (maybe 18-20) and seemed really happy to get out of there. she apparently got a huge tip out of the deal.

while the car (a newer bmw) was being taken off the tow truck i asked one of the mechanics why she was so angry cause of a blow out wanting to see the managers ect, he said that well sometimes you get mad cause you have a blow out. apparently she heard the whole thing and made more calls to complain. he wasnt even rude about it.

the whole sidewall was gone on the tire all that was left was the tread, and the beads which took us a while to get off the tire and ended up having to be cut off with a grinder. which the mechanic she complained about had to do and she got mad about that and started calling us all incompitent.

we have the tire saved just in case she tries some more issue with it since it was a road hazard that caused the whole thing. which i clearly marked (with my paint stick), the inside and out side where the hold occured.
    Last edited by queenbb; 12-06-2007, 05:10 PM.
    "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
      Here's the original thread:
      hxxp://customerssuck.com/board/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=231864
      Here's the link.....
      http://customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=20505

Comment

Oh, how many times has some idiot threatened to report us to the Better Business Bureau. I can't even count that high, but they were all quite amusing. Just as funny as the people who threaten to report me to the Attorney General's Office for "false advertising".

Comment

Quoth queenbb View Post

while the car (a newer bmw)
          newer BMW? that means they stopped using run flat tires then?
          Rawr

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
            Anyway, he said he reported us to the better business bureau, contested the charge on his credit card, and threatened to warn all of the "unsuspecting" christmas shoppers of our tyranical return policy. He also complained about my boyfriend, our RC tech, saying that he was "very grumpy".
            The Better Business Bureau is a joke, it's more like a club that businesses pay to get into and get advertising, ratings and reviews. Something like that. Customers seem to think that it's some sort of government agency that push businesses around. Customers that try throwing the BBB line are no different than the ones that say they're never shopping here again.
            "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Working...
            X