This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful listening skills

As many have said CS's do not seem to listen to what is said when their phone call is answered.
    Apparently our phone number here at the office is close to that of a Pharmacy. When I answer the phone all I say is Hello . . .I don't give a business name at all. Due to the type of business and the fact that we actually have more than one company name it is appropriate/ ok for us to do so.
    However, a Pharmacy typically answers with their name.
    So Mr. Entitlment Better than Everyone Privacy Expert . . . .don't yell at me that I have your private personal information when you start giving it to me before you know who you are talking too. I realize that their are certain medicines (little blue bill) that you really don't want the whole world to know you are taking. But, when you place a call . . .give your name . . .birthdate . . .Dr Name to get a price quote . . .don't get mad at me that you didn't check what number you called first.
    Sorry it ticks me off.
    Also, it is not my fault that you did not dial correctly . . .I had to stop what I was working on/ thought going through my head to take your call . . .and yet I am polite . . .say please, thank you, sir / ma'am and say things like" I do believe that you have the wrong number, you might want to try your call again." "It isn't a problem please have a nice day" - don't be ugly with me.

Thank you for reading my rant . . .I feel a bit better now . . .

I get wrong numbers at the store all the time, for some reason. And I don't know why some of these people get so vicious with me when I tell them they've mis-dialed.

Its not our fault they don't know how to use a phone. They should be apologizing to us for interrupting our days and bothering us, but no one does anymore. It seems like the nicest reaction I get when someone calls us accidentally is a quick hang-up. That's if I'm lucky. Sometimes I get told to eff off. Because its somehow my fault for not being the pharmacy/cab company/Billy Bob/whoever.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

When I worked at the bowling alley, our phone number was the same as the bank card activation number, only with two numbers intraposed. 69 or 96 I can't remember which one was ours.

Said bank number is fully automated, however we are not automated.

"Thank you for calling Our Bowling Center..."
      "I need to active my card"
      Rinse repeat

"Hablas espanol?"
      Look for someone who spoke spanish
      "Necessito activar mi tarjeta"

Finally one night the lady who handled accounts got fed up.
      "I need to activate my card"
      "Ok, your name? address? phone number? Ok, your card has been activated"
      Hangs up.
      "Boy that felt good"

I don't know if they ever changed the bowling alley number, but the bank number is still the same. If any of the customers would have 'listened' (or realized that they've reached a human?) then I would have been happy. I can't recall anyone saying, "Oh, sorry, I've reached a wrong number!"

Comment

Quoth dreams305 View Post

Finally one night the lady who handled accounts got fed up.
        "I need to activate my card"
        "Ok, your name? address? phone number? Ok, your card has been activated"
        Hangs up.
        "Boy that felt good"
        "
        she should have said "ok, your card has been activated, please sign the back and remove the sticker (the one with the phone number to call) and discard it"

i can just imagine how pissed they would be the first time they tried to use their card and it wouldn't work and they threw away the number that they needed to call

...i know, that wouldn't be fair to whatever unfortunate cashier got them when they tried the card.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Oooh, I hate how nobody who calls a wrong number apologizes anymore! The other day I got:

Me: "This is Sayds..."
          Caller: "Hi, I'm calling about the house for rent."
          Me: "Sorry, you have the wrong number."
          Caller: "But isn't this 555-6214?"
          Me: "Yes."
          Caller: "Well it says in the paper you have a house for rent!"
          Me: "If I had a house, I would be living in it- I'm talking to you from my one bedroom apartment."

*click*
          My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

I remember when I got my first mobile, of which I still have the same number, I got this jerk that would not believe that he had the wrong number and believed that I was covering for the person he was calling. I got to the point where I would simply pick up the phone stick it next to the radio till he hung up. I figured if he was that much of an idiot he can waste his money too. Took him a few months before it stopped.

Even though this was not at work, still very much an SC.
            Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

I've gotten calls on my cell phone from the state the number's actually in. From numbers that are NOT on my contacts list. And this guy'll leave very bizarre messages. Things like, "Why the F*** you callin' me?"
              I made no calls to your house, sir. I called the number back once, out of curiosity, and asked who the f*** he was, and he told me a name that meant nothing to me.
              *shrug* Better than the time I called back a message, and it turned out to be from a prison. Uh... I know of no one in prison.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

i'm starting to think that people who are avoiding collectors are just giving out a random number that happens to be my home number... every day i come home from work to at least 2 new collection calls from companies I have never done business with asking for people who to my knowledge have never lived at my address (and no they don't say they are collections, but you can kinda just tell when it's a collector).
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  I've gotten calls on my cell phone from the state the number's actually in. From numbers that are NOT on my contacts list. And this guy'll leave very bizarre messages. Things like, "Why the F*** you callin' me?"
                  I made no calls to your house, sir. I called the number back once, out of curiosity, and asked who the f*** he was, and he told me a name that meant nothing to me.
                  *shrug* Better than the time I called back a message, and it turned out to be from a prison. Uh... I know of no one in prison.
                  Former roommate of mine once got texts from some girl he'd never met. She invited him to a party at so-and-so's house, then refused to believe him when he told her he was not "Chantel." She kept insisting he was joking with her, that it was no longer funny, and he should stop being "stupid." This went on for three days until he finally called her and told her to bug off. His brother and I kept trying to convince him to go to the party, but he wouldn't do it.
                  I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                  - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                  - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                    His brother and I kept trying to convince him to go to the party, but he wouldn't do it.
                    This reminds me of what happened to my brother a few years ago. Apparently, he has a doppelganger named "John" in the city. A few guys ran into him on the street and said, "John! Its been a long time since we saw you last! We're heading to Paul's place right now, why don't you come?"

My brother, who lives spontaneously, followed these guys to the party and had a lovely time. It came out about 30 minutes in that he was not John, but everyone was so laid-back and friendly it didn't matter.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Forensic Waitress View Post
                      I remember when I got my first mobile, of which I still have the same number, I got this jerk that would not believe that he had the wrong number and believed that I was covering for the person he was calling. I got to the point where I would simply pick up the phone stick it next to the radio till he hung up. I figured if he was that much of an idiot he can waste his money too. Took him a few months before it stopped.

Even though this was not at work, still very much an SC.
                      You could have had the number he called from blocked. Since, technically that's considered stalking.
                      Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                        Former roommate of mine once got texts from some girl he'd never met. She invited him to a party at so-and-so's house, then refused to believe him when he told her he was not "Chantel." She kept insisting he was joking with her, that it was no longer funny, and he should stop being "stupid." This went on for three days until he finally called her and told her to bug off. His brother and I kept trying to convince him to go to the party, but he wouldn't do it.
                        I get people texting me all the time that I don't know I have had the same phone number for like 3 years but it still hasn't stopped.
                        It has gotten so annoying , I will get a strange message and I will reply with "Who is this?" Cause you never know if a friend got a new phone number. Sometimes they give me there name and I will ask "Do I know you?" other times I have had people reply back with who is this and that is when the fun starts.

Me:
                        TXT: unknown texter

TXT: where you at?
                        Me: Who's this?
                        TXT: Who's this?
                        Me: you text me you should know who I am
                        TXT: Is this Bill?
                        Me: Nope never gone by that name
                        TXT: Oh well I was looking for a guy to hook up with
                        Me: I hear the local homeless shelter has a lot of guys that would love to hook up
                        TXT: That is sick who is this?
                        Me: If you don't know me why are you texting me?
                        TXT: I told you I am looking for a guy to hook up with
                        Me: how do you know I am not some serial killer if you are texting random numbers to hook up with guys.

OR one of my favorite ones

TXT: Hey QT whats ip?
                        Me: I am sorry do I know you?
                        TXT: this is bob
                        Me: Nope don't know you, do you know me?
                        TXT: Is this sara?
                        Me: Nope.
                        TXT: Kathy?
                        Me: Nope guess you don't know me
                        TXT: Oh well wanna send me a pic we can hook up
                        Me: Married 3 kids not interested.

Comment

My phone used to be 504-504-5. It was a great number, and I wish I could have kept it, but since it was repetitive, many people assumed I was a business. I think there was a business down in TX with that same number but a different area code. A lot of Texans would call me and ask for [someone], usually George or Bob or another good ole boy name. They always had a really bad signal, and when I hung up they assumed they'd been disconnected and call right back.

I eventually changed my message to something like "Hey sugar, this is Sylvia. Don't forget to bring your own booze to my party Friday night! Kisses!" Then my friends would assume they had the wrong Sylvia, because they know I'm a teetotaler. Frustration and amusement, now in one convenient package! Enjoy!
                          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X