X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumbest customer ever

Ok, I could not make this up, she is that stupid

me: everyone's favorite reservationist
    sc: lady so stupid that she should not be allowed to use the computer or phone

me- Reservation desk, this is smileyeagle speaking, with whom am I speaking?
    sc- hi smileyeagle, this is SC, I just made a reservation online and I noticed that I scheduled it wrong and was hoping you could fix it.
    me- ok, do you have your confirmation number
    sc- no I don't, can you look it up by my name.
    me-certainly, what was your reserved arrival date.
    sc- it is on tuesday 12 11 (pet peeve, tell me a month you lazy bastard, ok back on topic) and here's the problem, i'm reserved to check in at 3pm but I need to check in around 9:30pm.
    me- ok, i've noted on your reservation that you will be checking in around 9:30 and was there anything else I can assist with at this time?
    sc- Yes, I also need to reschedule my check-out from noon to 7am
    me- ok, and i've adjusted that as well, and was there anything else I can assist with.
    sc- can you send me an email with the correct check in and check out time
    me- i'm sorry, but on online reservations i don't have the ability to resend emails.
    (not true, but i didn't want her to know that I have actually done nothing, 3pm check in means that's when it starts and I sure as hell am not going to go to the trouble to change the earliest check-in time because some idiot wants it on her email).
    sc- well, how will my boss know exactly what time I arrive and leave.
    me- you can always get an extra copy of your receipt when you check out, which will have the exact time you checked in and checked out.
    sc- oh, that's a really good idea, thank you.
    me- your welcome, and we look forward to your stay and have a good evening miss SC.

seriously, how stupid do you have to be...
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

In at 9:30 pm...and out by 7. I think we know what her "boss" will be doing. (Hint for Homer Simpsonites: it's a person). indeed.
    You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
      In at 9:30 pm...and out by 7. I think we know what her "boss" will be doing. (Hint for Homer Simpsonites: it's a person). indeed.
      actually it was a 2 night stay... i think she really was so stupid that she thought that if you didn't check in at exactly the check-in time you would lose the room or something like that.

Comment

Well, that debunks my mischief.
        You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

In her defense, the first time I had to make my own reservations for a hotel after moving out of the parents' house, I had much the same misconception. I did not know that you could check in any time of night and thought I would get in trouble for being LATE to check in when I arrived at 5:00 for a 3:00 check in time... I worried they would charge me a late fee.
          My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
            In her defense, the first time I had to make my own reservations for a hotel after moving out of the parents' house, I had much the same misconception. I did not know that you could check in any time of night and thought I would get in trouble for being LATE to check in when I arrived at 5:00 for a 3:00 check in time... I worried they would charge me a late fee.
            yes, but this was someone traveling on business... you would hope that someone who is doing this as part of their job would have a little bit of a clue as to what was going on...

Comment

i can top that; a couple of days ago, a customer couldn't figure out that you actually had to turn the knob on the door to open it.

makes me wonder how she manages to get out of her house...
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                i can top that; a couple of days ago, a customer couldn't figure out that you actually had to turn the knob on the door to open it.

Pushbars like you get on emergancy exits?
                ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post

Automatic doors have a lot to answer for.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    actually it was a 2 night stay... i think she really was so stupid that she thought that if you didn't check in at exactly the check-in time you would lose the room or something like that.
                    I didn't know that.
                    I was under the impression that you had a reasonable amount of time after check-in (like two hours) and if you didn't show they gave away your room if they had to.
                    But then again I've never personally booked a hotel room.

Comment

Some hotels have an end-time for which they will hold a reservation. If you are unable to check in by that time, they will re-let the room to someone else. That can be one reason why someone wants to make certain their room will be held if they arrive later in the evening, especially something like 9:30 p.m.

Comment

Quoth harper View Post
                        Some hotels have an end-time for which they will hold a reservation. If you are unable to check in by that time, they will re-let the room to someone else. That can be one reason why someone wants to make certain their room will be held if they arrive later in the evening, especially something like 9:30 p.m.
                        that is very true (our hotels they are all midnight)... but she wasn't calling to ask for a late check in, she wanted call because she thought she had scheduled the wrong time... which is odd because nowhere in the reservation process is check-in time a field to fill in.

Comment

Working...
                        X