This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, she's raising a fine little scammer

A trailer-trash looking woman strolls up to my register with a few items, one of which is a Scarface PSP game for her son, who's with her, and looks like he's about 11 years old. So already, I'm wondering, why are you buying an M-rated Scareface game for your freakin' 11 year old? And he was a big fan of the film, too. Great parenting. Later I hear from the supervisor who was at the service desk that the woman came back, claiming she was sold an empty case with no game inside. When the supervisor got suspicious and wanted to discuss it with AP (assets protection, AKA security guys), the woman turned into a vile bitch. She was given her money back, and she walked away, grinning and cackling to herself. The supervisor told me she was very suspicious of her by the way she was acting but she gave her the cash anyway. She wanted to know if I remembered whether or not the game was sealed, and honestly, I couldn't remember for sure, although I THOUGHT it was. Well, that lady sure is mother of the year. "Now, Cletus, we're going to stick the game in my pocket like this, and go back inside, and tell them the case was empty and they'll give us money! Pretty smart of yer 'ol maw, huh?"

I don't think in all my time at the games store I gave away an empty case...that wasn't sealed (I would seal it in error thinking it had the game inside). At my store there is no WAY we would have accepted that return.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I think she was horrible in parenting her child because of her scamming..not because of her getting a scarface game for her kid or letting him watch the movie. Different kids can handle different things at different ages, parenting can't be judged based on that IMO.

Comment

in some stores, they sell sealed packages (walmart, target, etc) while game specific stores have empty cases with the disks in a secure door behind the counter, so i'm of the 'she's a lying, scamming douche' opinion.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Considering all stores have a "no returns/exchange only when open" policy on video games, I'd vote for "scamming a-hole" as well.
          "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

With parenting like that I have a feeling she'll be proudly showing off her son's wanted poster ten years from now. "See this, grand larceny, I taught him that."
            My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Working...
            X