Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes, jerk, we just didn't feel like it!

My company has decided that we are losing too much money on coffee, so after a certain time of day (mid to late afternoon), we are only supposed to make flavored coffee upon request.

As per those instructions, we only had half of our coffee selection available, when the jerk came in.

J= asshat
    CW= awesome coworker
    Me=

J: Do you have any Irish Cream coffee?!?
    CW and me: No, we haven't had any in months, since July in fact.

J wanders around the coffee area, staring at all the signs on the unavailable flavors that state: "We'll brew it fresh for YOU! Just ask!"

J: Do you have any Irish Cream coffee? Are you out or do you just not feel like making any?!?

CW and me: Sir, we already told you that we haven't had any Irish Cream coffee since July. We apologize, but that is a corporate decision, not ours.

J looked at us, and stomped out.

I know for a fact that it was July (or late June) because they had it when I had my interview in June, but they didn't when I started the first week of July. Our company changes it's feature flavor every month, and we, the employees, have no say in what comes or goes.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Sounds like a nic-fit to me. Flavored caffinated beverages are catching up to cigarettes
    DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON.
    -GK

Comment

Flavoured-coffee fanatics were the boil on the butt of my cafe job.

We weren't exactly made of money, so we only brewed one flavour a day, and we had a rotation going among all the flavours.

EVERY DAY, I would have to explain to someone that no, we were not going to make an entire pot of Cinnamaniac/Irish Cream/Hazelnut/whatever just so you can get your small $1.00 cup to go.

And yeah, it IS just because I don't feel like it. I don't feel like losing money and wasting my time.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Now I want Irish Creme coffee.

It's rather like it doesn't exist on this planet anymore.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

ah, preflavored coffee, one of the banes of my workplace; there are those who can't comprehend that our flavor in the coffee comes from syrup and not a coating on the bean.

i despise them all.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
            ah, preflavored coffee, one of the banes of my workplace; there are those who can't comprehend that our flavor in the coffee comes from syrup and not a coating on the bean.

i despise them all.
            oh my goodness, tell me about it. Additionally, if you call me up and go on and on about how wonderful the flavored coffees are, you will be made fun of. Only plebes like flavored coffees after all.

Comment

see this is why I got a coffee machine and was considerate enough to go get my OWN flavored coffee to make for myself at home.

I know that I won't always be able to get the flavors I want and so if I want it I'll have to do with getting my own..simple.

This guy was a jerk, plain and simple. What sucks is corporate doesn't have bare the brunt of the attacks when people are not happy with the change.
              I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

That guy was a grade-A asshat and jagoff about it.

BUT...

...were I him (God help me! ) and saw the sign that says "Just ask, and we'll brew it FRESH! Just for you!", or whatever the sign said, I would be a little miffed too.

Or did I read the OP incorrectly, and the unavailable flavors stated they were unavailable where he saw the sign?

Comment

"Just ask, and we'll brew it FRESH! Just for you!"
                  Actually, if I saw a sign like that, just to be an ass, I'd say "Now, you mean coffee, right?"

Edit: Technically, you could also say "Yeah, that's what SHE said."
                  You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    Now I want Irish Creme coffee.
                    I've been wanting Irish Coffee today....without the coffee.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Onar View Post
                      Flavored caffeinated beverages are catching up to cigarettes
                      I daresay you're correct. However, I don't ever remember having such a fit for ANYTHING when I was a smoker. (2 years clean, baby!)
                      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

As if an acceptable alternative that is available couldn't be found......
                        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth theredbaron47 View Post
                          "Just ask, and we'll brew it FRESH! Just for you!"
                          If they actually HAD the coffee flavor in the store, yes, that would be a reason to get miffed. However, as I understand the OP, they had none at all. Wasn't that they wouldn't make it, so much as they COULDN'T make it.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

It sounds to me that they could brew regular coffee and maybe latte, mocha, and a bazillion other types of fancy coffee, just not Irish Creme.
                            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                              I've been wanting Irish Coffee today....without the coffee.
                              I'm plenty Irish, if you're interested.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X