Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do other cashiers get this line all the time?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do other cashiers get this line all the time?

Whenever someone's card doesn't go through and they need to reinsert it, they have to look at me suspisciously and say, "I'm not going to be charged twice, now am I? I don't want to be charged twice!" Or they'll stand there and go, "But I already signed." and you can't get it through their head that yes, they do have to reinsert the card, and no, they're not going to be charged twice. It gets tiring.

When I ask "Check, Savings, or Credit" on a purchase I seemingly always get "Slavings" or "Spending". Its funny the first time, not the thousandth!
    SC:What makes you think you can tell me how to do this?
    ME:Because I finished Pre-school, Elementary School, High School
    and College first time. Now: Red wire is positive.

Comment

Yep. Cinema customers can book on the phone or 'net. When they come in to collect their tickets they can pick them up from the automatic machines or queue at the box office. Anyone who collects at the box office has to sign - and a frequent question is "I've alrdready paid for these, I'm not going to get charged again, am I?"
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
        "I'm not going to be charged twice, now am I? I don't want to be charged twice!"
        Every. single. day.

I'm a little fuzzy now on what exactly was happening, but the other day, a woman swiped her card. As her receipt printed, she went to swipe the card again.(?) I told her it wasn't necessary, as it had already run through. I wish I were exaggerating when I say she yelled "WHOA!!!" and jumped back literally a foot or two. She went on to complain about how it's a huge fear of hers, etc. Really, one of the weirder things I've seen as a cashier. It's a ridiculous thing to freak out about. Even if, through some insane fluke, you WERE charged twice, it's not as though it would be a difficult thing to dispute and get your money back.

About 5 minutes later, the woman went on to complain that we are "deceptive advertisers" and "Screw [company]" for an entirely different reason, but that deserves a thread of its own.

Comment

Working...
        X