This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 player: The anti-suck

We've all had that one experiance happen to us at one time or another. We'll be on break and some asshat will want something without clearly thinking "Hey, that employee looks different. They must be one break"

Quite the opposite. They think "Hey, that employee looks different. They must have untold powers of retail/customer service. Surely they can assist me"

Trust me, this happens from time to time to all of us. I'll be on break and want to partake of our fabulous slurpee/icee machines. however, this happens to be in plain sight of every customer that wants concession items.

Most of the time they see me and want something like a cup or something like that. If I'm in a good mood, which usually i am, it takes me all of 3 seconds to do this for them.

but other times a customer wants you to get something for them that will seriously put a dent in the time it takes you to get your eat on.

Fear no more. just put in some earplugs and crank some music. It's like an active cloaking device, making you invisible to all SC's. I've been doing this for the past several months and my breaks go uninterupted. Learn from this example.

If you can't hear the SC, then you can't help the SC.
    Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

I love that idea! I usually try to slink around corners to try and get my food, and make a dash for the register
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Just as effective as a towel, we need to add this to the guide

Comment

That is a good idea.

I hate it when customers get pissy if you tell them you're on break or if you get someone else to help them because your on break. Aren't we entitled to eat just like everybody else? I think an SC would get pretty mad if their meal break was interrupted at their jobs.
        "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
        "Red."
        "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
        "RED!"
        "..."

Comment

One day after my shift at K-Farts, I was wandering around the women's clothing just browsing while talking to my Mom on my cell phone. I had my nametag off and my purse on my shoulder but I was still wearing my red polo. This woman nearby kept looking at me strangely, like she wanted to ask me a question or something. But hell, I just ignored her. I was SO obviously off the clock perusing the clothing with purse on shoulder and cell phone to my ear. I don't mind pointing people in a direction if they ask where something is when I'm off the clock, but that's only because I'm a nice person.
          My Myspace, add me!

Comment

unless of course, your HR guy has a christmas tree up his behind and decides to be an ass to you about it and finds a way to fire you like the hubs did.

But.. I'm not fussy, I swear!
            "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
              unless of course, your HR guy has a christmas tree up his behind and decides to be an ass to you about it and finds a way to fire you like the hubs did.

But.. I'm not fussy, I swear!
              What happened? O_o
              Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

I disagree. It makes them invis to you :P
                MMO Addicts group

Comment

Doesn't always work. I was once sat down on the phone to my parents when an SC came up to me! I was chatting, he stood in front of me and went "Hhem hhem!" and waved! I waved back and carried on my conversation.

There was another time an SC tried to take my table! I was sat down, eating and on the phone, when I heard a girl say "Let's just take this table!" and tried to drag it away.

Comment

we have a different dress code for cart guys for pants, and they don't enforce the shirt part. they'd have a hard time doing it in winter because no one sees our shirts while we're working, but even in summer they don't, so vest and radio go bye bye, we look normal

Comment

I was once on my cell phone to the boss (both CC machine and register suddenly decided to have a bad day; both were fixable, just that I didn't know the exact procedure to do so). Guy is at the counter huffing and sighing; I was half-expecting him to try to grab my phone (he did go so far as to wave his hand in my face...I should have tried to bite him).

After that, he asks me if we carry *some crappy Harlequin romance series*...um, why would you think that a science fiction store would carry that stuff...? (we used to have some "sci-fi erotica", but that didn't do well so we trashed the idea)
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                      X