Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry, I have to say this. (And I'm surprised nobody else has!)

Fish are friends not food!

I had a beta for a while, too. He would float and watch me working on the computer. I miss him.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

A guy at work had a betta (he died recently) and he'd tell us about how the fish would beg for food and splash him if he ignored him too much.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

okay, i agree with all you guys about the dead creature is a terrible waste. but you also have to take it from another point of view. i had a friend that work at the walmart pet department (when they used to have it) its really not the employees fault all the time. poor josh (fake name) 1/2 the time was trying to cover pets, sports, AND toys all in one shift. he also had to make sure the tanks were clean and that the fish were all fed.

hes one small guy (okay well 6'6 isnt small but you get the picture) and trying to keep all the fish happy and healthy PLUS keep the customers AND management happy is a big job.
        he would constantly get fish that were already sick or 1/2 dead due to the shipping. and it always broke his heart when he found dead ones.

so please, just be gental on the employees, they might be sad about the dead fish too!
        it's said that no sane person could bite another person and draw blood. I've done it before, but then again sanity has always been questionable in our family.

Comment

I once got a Betta at Wal-mart. It keeled over a few hours after I got it home.

I brought it back to the store (floating upside down in it's cup) put it on the desk, and told the CSR "It died."

She looked at me and said, "Well, no one has ever actually returned the fish itself..." and started laughing.

She refunded me the fish, and the fish food, too.

We became friends later. I miss her.

I tried getting a Betta at a pet store next. But it died within a week. I did a lot of research (and followed the advice)...so I'm not really sure what I did wrong since everything I read says they are easy keepers...

Anyway, I gave up after that, I felt bad for the poor fish. All this talk..I wouldn't mind having a Betta, they are such pretty fish...but I don't want to kill it!
          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
          X