This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Sparkle Gel

We have a Christmas get together with family this Saturday (Cousins, uncles ect..)

I like to have a couple of nice projects for the kids to do, usually one thing they can keep and one they can eat.. I found this ornament kit where you peel off a backing and sprinkle colored sand or something on the sticky part and make a cute ornament.

Ok, so on to the edible one, I decided to make cupcakes and lets the kids decorate them.. I have a cupboard with some colored sugar, jimmies ect.. I want to get something else to put on them, I picked up some edible glitter (Stuff has no taste whatsoever) and I continue to persue the cake decorating area. I see these tubes of "Sparkle Gel" .. Just gel icing thats sparkley .. There's a woman looking at this also, she's holding a tube of the green, I go down and see that she has the only green.. Ok, no biggie, they had red, yellow and blue, I grab a tube of each available color and look some more at the decorating supplies. The woman puts the green stuff down.. Not on the hook where it was, but on a shelf next to parchment. I didn't want to just rush over and snatch it up, so I waited for her to get far enough away from it. She gets about 15 feet away and I slowly go over, glancing at other items (I'm too damned polite sometimes) and I pick up the green stuff, glance at the front and back and drop in into my basket, I turn to head to the check out..

SW- Green gel lady
    Me- Hi!
    C- Poor cashier who has no clue what's going on

SW: I was going to get that.

Me: You put it down and walked away

SW: But I was going to come back and get it

Me: Too late.. You put it down and walked away, so I got it

I turn and walk away, I considered this topic closed, but she followed me telling everyone that I took something she was going to buy. I load my items on the counter for the cashier to ring up and she told the cashier I took that stuff from her.

Me: No, I didn't.. You set it down I picked it up.

The cashier just looks at us both.. I guess she couldn't decide what to do. I paid for my stuff and left, she followed me out and watched me.. I was afraid she was going to tail me in her car over some fucking green goo.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Geez, what a bitch...just because it has your fingerprints on it doesn't make it yours! Good for you not giving it back
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My worry in that situation is that the other person will be some kind of wackjob who actually might tail me home and intend to vandalize my house, my car, or cause me bodily harm (or worse), because that's the right thing to do, in their mind.

Comment

I probably would have folded like a paper crane, since I tend too do that around sucky people.
        Still, given that level of instability, she probably would have followed you around anyway just for having the gall to touch something she so obviously wanted. :|
        You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Comment

I look at it like this. If it gets put down, then it is fair game.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Sour grapes. She decided she didn't want it until she saw that someone else did. And then it became oh-so-important that she have it.

Some people never get past the three year-old stage.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth theredbaron47 View Post
              My worry in that situation is that the other person will be some kind of wackjob who actually might tail me home and intend to vandalize my house, my car, or cause me bodily harm (or worse), because that's the right thing to do, in their mind.
              If I ever get the feeling that some whackjob is following me, I NEVER go home! Oh no, I drive to the police station and park there until they either drive by, or leave. I will not get out of my car or even roll my window down should they choose to try to make contact.

This has happened 3 or 4 times, always due to some sort of road rage.
              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I usually just drive in circles until they get too annoyed to follow me.

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                  I usually just drive in circles until they get too annoyed to follow me.
                  I just call the police while I am driving and tell them the situation. The dispatcher usually has you stay on the line and tell them where you are until a cop car can pull over the person following you.

Comment

That's funny. My thought on this was I kind of wonder if this woman had planned on actually stealing this bottle of green goo, like putting it down, then "accidentally" having it slip into her purse when she drops it or something.

And, is this the only store that has this available? Jeez!

Comment

Had you given it back to her she would have clutched it in her grubby paws until you were out of sight then put it right back. Good on you for not giving it to her.
                      My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Working...
                      X