This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yes, more crazy cable customers

Customer just cussed tech out for no reason. He told tech to leave and that he didn't want to pay for the outlet. Tech said he could do a different type of outlet if he liked or customer could call us and change the work order. The customer grabbed the phone from tech and asked him to leave and hung up.

Customer is waiting for the second day after the appointed time. Customer is in apartment with 3 children and 1 TV and no food. Customer is furious and waiting and waiting and no one is calling her back.

Customer was told that someone would be out to her home today at or around 7:30 by "Doug the CSR." Then when she talked to Doug again, he went back on his word and he stated that we give time frames. Customer is furious at Doug & would like him demoted.
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Better tell Skeeter that there will be a job opening soon, and we'll all be able to hear about it after Doug writes it in his journal.

Booyah.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      we'll all be able to hear about it after Doug writes it in his journal.
      AHAHAHAHA!!! Doug...I don't even know a Doug in our call center!!!

Comment

Well, to be fair, my cable company has outright lied to me about the time of a scheduled appointment. My box was on the fritz and they said they had to send someone out, which is fine. I was offered between 10:30 AM and 12:30 PM or between 2:30 PM and 4:30 PM the following week. I chose the earlier, so no problem. I called the night before to verify the appointment time, and I was told between 10:30 AM and 12:30 PM. All good.

The next day, at 1:00 PM, with no sign of the cable guy I called to ask what was going on. They responded that I had scheduled an all day appointment and that meant anytime up till 4:30 PM, not first thing in the morning. I was, understandably, quite upset as I had been offered a time frame and called to verify the day before.

The CSR on the phone couldn't help, so I requested a supervisor. Told her the story and she told me I had never been offered a window, all day appt., blah blah blah. I requested that she pull the tapes and listen to my two previous calls. 20 minutes later, cable guy comes shooting into the drive, swearing under his breath. Tech apologizes for the goof, apparently it happens a lot and this is the third time in a week his lunch has been cut short because CSRs gave out non-existent appointment windows.

I felt bad for him, so while he was working, I made him a grinder from my personal supply of high quality lunch meats. Now I get great service when he comes to the house to fix the crappy cable equipment.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
          I felt bad for him, so while he was working, I made him a grinder from my personal supply of high quality lunch meats. Now I get great service when he comes to the house to fix the crappy cable equipment.

Back when my hometown used to run it's own waste disposal, my mother would give the trash guys beer when they got to her house.

She always received great service from them.
          Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post

Customer is waiting for the second day after the appointed time. Customer is in apartment with 3 children and 1 TV and no food. Customer is furious and waiting and waiting and no one is calling her back.

What a minute I am confused since when does haivng no food have anything to do with cable? Do you guys have a new type of service that causes the cable to provide an unlimited amount of food as well.

Then again maybe she was saying she didn't want to leave to pick up food and risk missing the tech. Have you ever heard of delivery? lol

Comment

Quoth princess4life View Post
              since when does haivng no food have anything to do with cable? Do you guys have a new type of service that causes the cable to provide an unlimited amount of food as well. Then again maybe she was saying she didn't want to leave to pick up food and risk missing the tech. Have you ever heard of delivery?
              I think she was upset that she had no food & couldn't feed the kids OR watch TV. Of course, it could come off sounding like she'd rather have TV than food. I'm not really sure.

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post

We certainly know for a fact where one's priorities lie, don't we?

Comment

I understood it to mean that she wouldn't dare leave the house to get food because she was waiting for the cable tech to show up.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                  X