This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC gets owned by his hubris

A guy calls in today stating he's not going to be paying the $29.95 reconnection fee because his service was never turned off. This fee's only charged when someone's service was turned off for non payment and they want to be restarted. He's not really upset, but he's in that "here's what we're going to do, and you're going to do it without debate" mode that just sets my teeth on edge. He wants me to print out copies of all the work orders involved in his service being turned off or else he's not going to pay the fee. Now I can't print out copies of work orders, but I explained if he went to his local office they would be able to show him on their screens all the work that was done. That was unacceptable, as His Majesty informed me he would not be lifting a finger because this was all our fault and he's not going to be doing anything other than calling us to say he's not paying this fee. I see this isn't getting anywhere and I inform him I'll have a supervisor look into this and have him call back.

So I leave a message, and the supervisor that calls me back just happens to be a guy who worked on the same team as me and was just recently promoted. He's looking at the account and not only was his service disconnected, it was a whole month before he was reconnected again. If he in fact was still getting service, he wasn't being charged for that time in between (our billing system automatically stops the day a disconnect order is completed).

So he calls the douchebag back and informs him that since he is insisting that his service was never turned off, he will in fact credit the $29.95 back. However, he's also going to be charging him for the month that he's so sure the service was still on for to the tune of about $47.

You hear mention of a "moron tax" on the hard to deal with, but not too often do they call up and ask for it to be applied.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Classic

Comment

After hearing from your supervisor, did the guy suddenly realise that his service had been turned off?

Comment

When I first moved into my current apartment, the cable was magically on. I assume the people who lived there last never contacted the cable company to let them know they were moving, but at first we just figured they had canceled in the middle of the month and were still finish a month of cable service. I really don't know how it works. After a week or so of magically free cable, we did end up calling the cable company about it. I often wonder what would have happened if we hadn't decided to be honest.

Comment

Quoth LizaMarie View Post
          When I first moved into my current apartment, the cable was magically on. I assume the people who lived there last never contacted the cable company to let them know they were moving, but at first we just figured they had canceled in the middle of the month and were still finish a month of cable service. I really don't know how it works. After a week or so of magically free cable, we did end up calling the cable company about it. I often wonder what would have happened if we hadn't decided to be honest.
          That happened to me. I had full free regular cable when I moved in and it was active for well over a year before it was shut off and I never received a bill about it or any mention at all until it was disconnected but I would of felt guilty watching so I got digital cable shortly after I moved in and preodically checked so see if it was still active and like I said it lasted over year before they noticed

Comment

Quoth matty View Post
            After hearing from your supervisor, did the guy suddenly realise that his service had been turned off?
            That's the best part, even after the supervisor painstakingly spelled out to him that if he were to accept his story as true he would be charged for the time he wasn't being billed, the SC still stuck to his guns. He had such a hard-on over not paying the $29.95 fee he didn't seem to care about the $47 charge for the service.

In my mind, I pictured the guy reacting like Daffy after realizing he came out on the wrong end of the "Duck Season-Wabbit Season" exchange.
            "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Working...
            X