This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For a Good Time Call

Yesterday, get a call at the pizza shop for a delivery. Here is how it goes:

Me- everyone's favorite pizza guy
    DPC- Dumb Prank Caller who sounds like he is 13 years old

Me: "Thanks for calling XYZ Pizza. Pick-up or delivery?"

DPC: "Delivery!"

Me: "What is your phone #?"

DPC: "867-5309" (Those that get the reference, get a cookie)

Me: (Having been tipped off immediately by the #, I decide to play along) "What is your address?"

DPC: "XXX Academy"

Me: (There is no academy of any kind around this area. We are primarily residential) "Well, next time you want to prank call us, I suggest you find some original material. If you are interested, I am available for tutoring on this subject on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the daytime for a small fee." I actually said that while my boss was standing right next to me.

DPC: <hangup>

Yes, you my friend have failed on an epic scale. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

My boss said afterward. "Maybe the name they were going to put it under was for Jenny." (Those that get this reference get pie)
    I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

*Runs around singing* 867-530niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!! !!!!

That's classic. XD

Comment

BaristaGirl gets the cookie!!! CONGRATZ!!!

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post

DPC: "867-5309" (Those that get the reference, get a cookie)

My boss said afterward. "Maybe the name they were going to put it under was for Jenny." (Those that get this reference get pie)

Those that get these references need not show ID.
        I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

poofy_puff gets the pie. <CHEERS!>

Comment

Okay, so can you explain for the dummies who didn't get the reference? (like me...)
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

867-5309/Jenny was a popular song back in the 80's. Here is a link for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/867-5309/Jenny

Comment

Tollbaby, the reference is to the song "867-5309/Jenny" By Tommy Tutone. You can listen to it on the bands website http://www.tutone.com/main2.html .

I met a guy who "Claimed" to have been a founding member of this band and helped cowrite the song. He was a musician, I just can't remember what he played. It was when I worked at the Motel 6 and he was in town cause his GF was a stripper at the local booby bar. Nice enough guy though. I had to deliver some towels to the guys room after I got off so we had a couple of shot of tequila. If its true cool, if not....oh well free booze.
                My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
                  Those that get these references need not show ID.
                  I get the reference. I remember the song from the first time it was out. And I STILL occasionally get carded. So hah!

From memory:
                  "Jenny, I've got your number...
                  I need to make you mine...
                  Jenny don't change your number...
                  867-530niiiinneee....."

"I got it! I got it! I got your number on the wall!
                  I got it! I got it! For a good time, for a good time caaaalllll......"

Danced to that song at my sixth grade graduation dance. My first organized dance and, now that I think of it, probably the first time I danced with girls. Long before I was the dashingly handsome and devilishly charming fellow you see before you today.

No, I mean right here.

Me! OVER HERE!

Last edited by Jester; 12-13-2007, 04:26 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Hey Jester - I get carded too sometimes, so HAH Yourself!! I usually offer them my ID at liquor stores, I NEVER get carded in restaurants, but they always study my ID with a microscope when I go to clubs and bars, which isn't very often these days.

I'd say you're about 40-ish? Stay k001.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
                      I'd say you're about 40-ish? Stay k001.
                      Actually, not 40 for another two and a half years, thank you very much. Merely a youthful 37.5.

And darlin', I'm ALWAYS cool!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Actually, not 40 for another two and a half years, thank you very much. Merely a youthful 37.5.

And darlin', I'm ALWAYS cool!

Me too, just turned 37 last week! A Prime Number! w0w. My acne scars keep me looking young.

Comment

Working...
                        X