This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth hotelnpa View Post

++Extra bonus points when a travel agent calls and wants us to overbook for them.

For the record, *I* would never ask a hotel to do that! <whistles innocently>

Seriously, I hate TA's like that. They give the rest of us a bad name.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth AmericanZero8503 View Post
      I'm not a 95 year old guy trying to use a computer. So why is it that tech support treats me like a baby anytime I call?
      Because most of the people they deal with on a daily basis ACT like babies (or have the IQ of one - or both), so it's natural to dumb-it-down to the simplest of terms. Generally, to get around this, just let them know you're pretty savvy around computers, and the level of converstation generally picks up.
      Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Quoth hotelnpa View Post
        SC: Oh why didn't the hell you tell me?? <click>
        Not hotel related, but a similar problem. I had a customer the day of the "I can't bend over any farther" story, who asked me to price check a particular tree, which I did, but due to the way the system displays price-checks, I couldn't tell if it was on sale or not, just the price at that moment. When I overheard the customer and her daughter talking about using a coupon on the tree, I pointed out that I didn't know for certain whether it was on sale or not, and that would affect the possibility of them using the coupon. They nodded and went to the back of my line, whereupon getting them again, I rang the tree, and it was on sale. Woman handed me her coupon, and I point out I can't use it since it's on sale already. Daughter proclaims, rather loudly, "Why didn't you tell us before?"
        "I'm entirely certain I pointed out that I didn't know if the tree was on sale, due to the way the system displays price checks."
        Mollified, they bought the tree anyway.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I don't know if it's because I don't talk loud enough or what, but at least once a shift (and most likely more) I'll ask a customer, "Hello, how are you doing today?", and they'll respond with "Paper", or "Plastic". I'd LOVE to say, "You're plastic today? That's awesome. I'm paper."
          DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
          Nicholas Angel: Like who?
          DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
          Nicholas Angel: Who else?
          DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

Quoth ShockQueen View Post
            Generally, to get around this, just let them know you're pretty savvy around computers, and the level of converstation generally picks up.
            the problem with doing that is I bet they get a lot of idiots who say they're good around computers
            Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
              the problem with doing that is I bet they get a lot of idiots who say they're good around computers

Case in point: My 67 year old dad claims he's good with computers. And he is...for his age. But when he calls tech support, he drives them all insane.

It's all about perspective, I suppose.
              Last edited by Peppergirl; 12-17-2007, 07:10 PM.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                Me: *dreading the next question now.* Which kind would you like?
                Customer: Potato salad.
                Me: Sir/Ma'am, we have 5 different kinds.....
                gah! i hate that!!! ill ask people what kind of salad they would like with their meal and they say yes. 5 times. then i tell them what kind we have and again they yes. another 20 times. the weird sounds coming from my mouth really do have some kind of meaning.

is that everything for you today?
                yes.
                okay your total is zz.zz
                you can drive up to the window now.
                oh can i also get (insert other 1/2 of the order here)
                it's said that no sane person could bite another person and draw blood. I've done it before, but then again sanity has always been questionable in our family.

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                  (If that was on the phone...)

Rep: Visa? Oh, I'm sorry, Mrs. Johnson, I won't be able to accept that card.
                  SC: Why not?
                  Rep: I can only accept credit card information from the person whose name appears on the card.
                  SC: But my name IS on the card.
                  Rep: You said your name was Jane Johnson.
                  SC: Yes.
                  Rep: But the name on the card is Visa, not Jane Johnson. Is Visa there? Perhaps I could speak with her...

HA!!! I wish I would have thought of that while I was at the job that required me to ask for the name on the card.

I have a couple others. My boyfriend was ordering at the drive thru somewhere and proceeds to say...
                  "I need a cheeseburger, a coke, and...oh, a good sized fry..."
                  Poor cashier responds "uh...what's a good sized fry?"
                  "You know...a good size."
                  I answer "He'll have a large, thanks and sorry."

And I totally agree with the confusion of the BOGO prices. Even if they understand you have to scan both, they got COMPLETELY confused when they see that the two items came up half price instead of one full price and one free.
                  "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                  "Red."
                  "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                  "RED!"
                  "..."

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                    I love it when I answer the phone:

Me: "Thanks for calling _(my travel agency)______. This is Peppergirl. How can I help you?"

SC "Is this ____ ______ ______?" (exactly what I just said)

Just ONCE, I'd love to be able to shout 'NO!!!!" and slam the phone down in their ear, really hard.
                    One of my duties, for my extra $.50 an hour as assistant manager, was to do some of the stocking orders; buttons, beads, ribbon, etc.

It had been a bad day but I was almost off shift (or supposed to be) and had finally finished the last one. I was usually finished with the orders, done & called in, by lunch.

As I made the phone call, I asked, "Are you ready for my order?" in my usual quasi-perfunctory manner. The person at the other end bluntly said, "No." I blinked a couple times & then just howled with laughter. She started laughing, too & apologized. I told her not to, I had really needed that. She turned my cranky day to a happy one.
                    I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth Eddie The 'Ead
                      I don't know if it's because I don't talk loud enough or what, but at least once a shift (and most likely more) I'll ask a customer, "Hello, how are you doing today?", and they'll respond with "Paper", or "Plastic". I'd LOVE to say, "You're plastic today? That's awesome. I'm paper."
                      I caught myself doing that last week at the pizza shop.

Pizza Girl: Hi, how are you?
                      Me: Number 65.
                      PG: Okay *goes to get it*
                      Me, almost immediately: Whoops, I'm fine! How are you?
                      "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Working...
                      X