Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know more than you, Palm, and Lexus.

Had a great one today... I was trying to understand but its just... well you be the judge.

CS = Customer
    Me = Come on now... keep up.

CS: "I need my Treo updated."
    Me: "Okay, are you having particular issues?"
    CS: "The phone is great, but the Bluetooth won't pair with my car."
    Me: "Well car kits and phones can be picky with one another... what kind of car do you have?"
    CS: "I have an '08 Lexus."
    Me: "Oh, cool. Let me check something out."
    *Checks the Bluetooth compatibility list and the Lexus website.*
    Me: "It says here that your Treo has serious compatibility issues, Lexus doesn't even say that it's compatible in any way."
    CS: "Yea, that's what Lexus told me."
    Me: "Okay..."
    CS: "Yea and Palm said that too.
    Me: "Uh huh..."
    CS: "But my phone works in my wife's car, so it should work in my Lexus."
    Me: "What kind of car does she have?"
    CS: "A BMW."
    Me: "That's a different Bluetooth kit... completely different compatibility."
    CS: "Look, I've been a long time customer..."
    Me:
    CS: "So look just updated the phone and hook it up to my car."
    Me: "I'll update it, but I am not allowed to touch your vehicle I am not certified to work on it."
    CS: "That doesn't make sense."
    Me: "Look sir, ***** Lexus and Palm have all told you it won't work... I can't just magically make it work."
    CS: "Just do your best."

Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas.

Quoth Talonetc View Post
    Me: "Look sir, ***** Lexus and Palm have all told you it won't work... I can't just magically make it work."
    I'm betting it didn't work.
    I'm also betting he got pissed at you 'cause it didn't work.
    Do I win the bet?

Comment

I get the feeling you'll be hearing from this one again when he realizes you aren't magic and can't do the impossible.

Comment

Quoth Talonetc View Post
        CS: "Look, I've been a long time customer..."

I HATE people who think that just because they have been loyal to your company for x years, that we can perform miracles and magick just for them. Trust me, if I had that ability, I would use it for myself, not some jerk SC. I would love for all of my electronics to always work the way I want them to, but it just doesn't happen.

( Just to share, because of your quote, I told my hubby I wanted a Deceptacon (sp?) for X-mas, and he promptly went to Wallywurld and got me Starscream, and gave it to me early!)
        Insanity : a perfect rational adjustment to an insane world. - R.D. Lang

Comment

Quoth Talonetc View Post

wave fingers at car car. "Abracadabra. If magic doesn't do it nothing will."
          ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth BlackIronCrown View Post
            I'm betting it didn't work.
            I'm also betting he got pissed at you 'cause it didn't work.
            Do I win the bet?
            I don't think anyone who's been around CS for longer than a week will take that bet.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
              wave fingers at car car. "Abracadabra. If magic doesn't do it nothing will."
              Maybe Jester can help him out...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                Maybe Jester can help him out...
                I don't think even Jester could make this SC disappear into thin air, but he's welcome to try if he's willing and able.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  I don't think even Jester could make this SC disappear into thin air, but he's welcome to try if he's willing and able.
                  Actually, Jester, if you ever get into stage magic, that would be a great segment. Onstage as the hapless retail drone, with the assistant playing the part of asinine customer, doing various impossible tasks for her, and at the end, making her vanish.

Comment

Sawing the Lousy Tipper in Half!

I want royalties if you ever do this trick. It's a surefire me pleaser.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Talonetc View Post

Sure you can, it's really easy.

1) Get car keys from customer
                      2) Drive Lexus to local BMW dealer
                      3) Trade Lexus for BMW
                      4) Return customers "now fixed compatiablity" issue to him

Comment

Working...
                      X