This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water, I NEED WATER

A guy comes up and I scanned his groceries. Out of nowhere he says all dramatic, IS THAY the only water you sell.

I'm thinking, what water. I look at his order and he didn't purchase water.

me: What water sir?

THAT WATER

(i look around and there is no water dispalay either) What water sir.

NEVERMIND! YOU ARE OBVILIOUSLY AN IDIOt, and I DON'T WANT TO CONFUSE YOU ANYMORE THAN YOU ALREADY ARE (jerk)

me: (thinkinh no sir, YOU ARE AN IDIOT) I don't see any water in your cart, nor any display. If you can give me a brand, I will have someone get it for you. We have Refresh, aquafina, crystal gyser, distilled, tonic water ..naming off waters and brands( to be a smart ass)....

JUST FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!! ALL I WANTED WAS Some god damn WATER. Water TO DRINK!

Me and courtesy clerk look at each other like

We get him finished out and used the HAVE A NICE DAy line. He walked away muttering blah blah Stupid.

I am an idiot because I still don't know what water to drink is. I should have brought him to the bathroom and given him toilet water.

Ow. That hurt my brain just a tad.

One time I had a woman complain that the water from the fountain tasted like it had lead in it.
    Nope. Sorry. Iron, sodium and magnesium, very likely. Lead? Uh-uh. My area's water supply is very clean. And tasty.

Comment

C: IS THAT the only water you sell?
      Me: Yup...Don't like it it, then get the f**k out.

here's your sign
      "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Perhaps the guy is delusional? It could happen.

Now, excuse me while I
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You're nicer then I am. If I had been called an idiot (ESPECIALLY by an idiot), that interaction would have been over then and there. I would have walked away instantly. There's only so much I'll put up with at 7.80 an hour.

Comment

Quoth groceryslave View Post
            me: What water sir?

THAT WATER

(i look around and there is no water dispalay either) What water sir.
            What the heck was he pointing at? An empty shelf? A blank wall? The water fountain? I'm thinking Becky is right, that he's delusional, possibly senile.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

this makes me think of the scarecrow in 'wizard of oz:'

'brain, he really needs a BRAIN.'

after that, then we can work on the water.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Mr. Rude View Post
                C: IS THAT the only water you sell?
                Me: Yup...Don't like it it, then get the f**k out.
                AHAHAAHA!! I love it! Yeah, toilet water would have been too good for this guy. Got any sewer water? Sheesh.
                The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Or recycled water?
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Cyanocobalamin View Post
                    One time I had a woman complain that the water from the fountain tasted like it had lead in it.
                    How would she knows what water with lead in it tastes like? Does she partake in drinking it quite often?

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      Or recycled water?
                      It's not recycled - it's filtered! It's also not done by nasty machines, but by a natural process.

Rapscallion, putting everyone straight

Comment

I thought this would be like one of those freebie beggar stories, 'cause I have an interesting twist on pleading supermarket assistants for liquid...

We were in Spain, going round this big supermarket after a morning at the beach. (The brand in Spain and France is Super/Hyper/Marché U, which is good for a song to the tune of 'Vindaloo'...) I was fine for the beginning, maybe slight headache, but after we'd left the coolness of the fridge aisles I started to feel very unwell. I'd wandered off on my own but ended up on the floor, head pounding and vision blurry, Spanish assistants grabbing a bottle of water off the shelf and running round asking everyone English whether they had a daughter of my description, as I was too sick to describe my parents.

Turns out I had sunstroke.
                        "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

"What water was he pointing at?

The guy WASN'T POINTING at anything. He just kept saying THAT WATER. It would have made SENSE if he was pointing at any water brand. I guess that's what makes me stupid, because I can't mind read and see what THAT WATER is in his head

Comment

Darn, here I read the thread title and the first thing to pop into my head was Shania Twain's "Waiter, give me water!" to hose down her date, who has a roaming eye...

If the guy was having a problem with his date and his roaming eye, too... hmm...
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Obviously, he was pointing at the water vapor in the air and he expected you to condense some for him so he could drink it.
                              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X