This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not why I don't care.

We ran out of premium. So we had out of order signs on the premium pumps. SC did the old take-the-out-of-order-sign-off-then-complain-that-it-doesn't-work trick.

He managed to get a few dollars worth out of it, but it was really slow. So he came into the shop and ranted...

"the pump's too slow, I don't know if I got what I'm paying for, you're trying to rip me off, etc. etc." At one point I must have glazed over because he said "you're ripping me off and you don't even seem to care".

I really wanted to tell him I don't care about self-important idiots who ignore signs and then complain about what the sign warned them about, but instead I got the owner to pretend to diagnose the pump (we already knew what was wrong).

I had a similar experience at McDonald's. Woman and her daughter were standing in line for breakfast, then we started serving lunch (pauses while everyone prepares references to Falling Down). They started bitching at me about how they were standing in line, blah blah blah, good customers, blah blah blah. Then the mom accused me of not caring. I kept my cool, but I just wanted to say,
    "You know what? I envy you. I really do. Judging by your behavior and sense of entitlement, I can safely say you've never had a real problem in your entire life. Not a struggle, a tragedy, or even a complicated thought! Instead of bitching at me, why don't you get on your knees and thank whatever god you worship that you've lived such an easy, problem-free life!!"
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

I was talking to a guy about his bill last night and he said he wasn't going to pay it because the rates went up by a couple of dollars (I don't remember how much) and we were ripping him off.

He told me was going to sue me, personally, because I didn't sound like I cared.
      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I'll list for you the ways I care.

1. Uhh, well...there's umm...Damn, I guess you're right.
        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

I care! Here, I'll even call you a waaaaaahmbulance.
          You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Comment

Working...
          X