Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We throw all our change in a jar. It adds up quick. At vacation time we take it down to the change machine at the store and get bills. (They do charge a percentage, but it's vacation time so I can be lazy if I want.)

Comment

Accepting change for payments doesn't really bother me unless it happens at a busy time or close to shift change. Then, yes, I will get pissy if a customer foists change off on me at those times.

I've even refused sales before just out of spite when it wasn't for gas that was already pumped, and I just didn't feel like dealing with several dollars worth of unrolled, unorganized change that looked like it had been scraped from the bottom of a barrell. I also generally decline to buy change from someone who just wants to cash in change without making a purchase unless the customer is a regular who I like.

Nonregulars and customers I dislike are pretty much out of luck because it's not a service we are required to provide. It depends on whether or not I feel like messing with it. A few times, I did so out of boredom because I'd rather count change than dust shelves or some crap like that. I could look busy for a few minutes without really doing anything.

The same goes for busting big bills. I can always fall back on the excuse of not having change for it unless the customer has already pumped gas.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Crazyredhead View Post
        but they were rolled up first. I try not to be a nuisance as much as possible.
        Hate to tell you, but I would break open your roll, and count it out anyway. I've been scammed before, and oddly enough, it usually happened just out of the bank. Nonetheless, I've had people give me rolled coin, only for it to feel wrong to me, so I'd break it open, and most of it would be a metal bar, and they'd only have been out the two coins on the ends.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I pay in change on occasion, but never more than a dollar or two.

Seriously though, it can be appreciated on weekends.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I try to save the change for the vending machines at work, or I'll use them at the self-checkout at the store. On occasion, the clerk at the convenience store the DH stops at for coffee in the mornings will be running short, and I'll sell her a few dollars worth (or however much she wants). I also try to keep about a dollar's worth of loose change in my front pocket where it's easily accessible, but if it's not convenient to use it on my purchase, I won't.
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

The rare handful of times I've had to pay in change, I

1) asked. (If no, too bad so sad for me)

2) counted it out in easy piles (4 quarter piles, 5 dimes, etc)

3) Did this to the side, so the cashier could see and take my money easily, but could also take other customers easily while waiting.

Know why I did this?

Because I've got a brain!
              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Working...
              X