Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, your safety is better than your.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, your safety is better than your.....

So I go into work today to pickup some Gun Books for a friend of mine, and the SM pulls me over for a complaint letter.

About a few weeks ago, the power went out thru half of the mall. Per our Safety and LP guidelines, we had to "kick out" folks and shut the doors.

So guess what this fucktard complained about?

"I didn't like the fact that you kicked me out after I bought my $5 Cappuccino from the nearby Starbucks and I had settled down in the chair to read XXXXXXXXXX. And into the cold. My Cappuccino got cold!!"

Ugh. Some people's priorities aren't in the right spot....

Wha . . . but . . . but . . .

That is all I have to say about that.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

You didn't seriously get in trouble did you?
      "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Comment

Quoth Enigma View Post
        You didn't seriously get in trouble did you?
        He was complaining more in the general sense of "You ****ing kicked me out into the cold and ruined my overpriced POS Coffee."

Man, where's Darwin when you need him?

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
          He was complaining more in the general sense of "You ****ing kicked me out into the cold and ruined my overpriced POS Coffee."

Man, where's Darwin when you need him?
          with any luck Darwin at least peed in the coffee.

Comment

I couldn't be a manager having to field complaints from sucky customers all day. I've done that before. I'm not known for sympathizing with people once I see them as jerks or idiots. I'm more apt to tell them, "Oh well, sucks to be you," or "I guess you got what you deserved," whichever seems most fitting. That's pretty much how I handled most complaints that didn't fit my definition of legitimate.

My final answer would have been that he didn't buy anything from the bookstore. Therefore, he was just a loiterer, and the store was not obliged to be his hangout. End of story.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I'm sure if you let him stay in the store he would have complained that he got eye strain from trying to read in the dark!
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Okay, something like this actually happened to me. I was meeting friends for supper & they were giving me a ride, so we agreed to meet at XXXXXXX bookstore. I bought a few books (paid more than I meant to because I misread the sale sign, but that was my problem, not the clerks) and sat down to wait. The power went out.

I sighed, grumbled a bit, put on my cold weather gear again & went outside. Power came back one. I went back inside. Power went out. I exited again.

While I heartily wished to remain inside (girl outside in cold & dark - rarely a good thing), I figured that they had liability issues and couldn't let me. The third time I was being sent out into the cold, I wistfully stated that I really didn't want to go out in that, but I went anyway. The manager was very apologetic, but there was nothing he could do & we both knew it.
                I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

I have a neighbor who is a manager at the Publix up the road. Before that, he managed a Publix in Boca Raton, right down the road from the Century Village retirement community. He dealt with complaints every day, from the free coffee not being hot enough to how slow the express lanes moved, right down to not being able to smoke in the store (even though it's a state law now). It got to where he wasn't getting much else done because of the complaints mostly from these troublemaking people. When he got his transfer, he was happy as a pig in shit.

There was hardly any emphasis put on real problems others have in grocery stores, like a spill on aisle six, or how they were treated badly by someone in the bakery. It was always about non essential crap.

Comment

Awww... I want an overpriced POS coffee now... I'll go after my final.
                    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                    The Office

Comment

I would think having a hot Sbucks cappuccino when out in the cold would be, I don't know, kind of nice? Comforting? WARMING?

Silly me!

Comment

wait he bought his coffee . . .went into a bookstore to read . . .where was the part about paying for the book he settled down to read. The establishment is a bookstore as in you pay to read the book. Now the library on the other hand doesn't require you to pay to enjoy the book.
                        (In case you couldn't tell I support the you want to read the book you buy it from the store borrow from the library phillosophy)
                        Back cover reading - that is fine in store - glance through the pages, that is fine just checking out the merchandise- but sitting down to read it, in my book that is stealing from the store.

So something out of the staff's control happens . . .they follow procedure to keep the person safe and then complains . . .I think he needs to start in the children's section . . .some of those things we learned ealy on didn't soak in apparently.

Comment

I talked about this in another thread on Barnes & Noble. I see people doing that all the time - go in, buy their Starbuck's coffee, then settle down in an easy chair and read a book they aren't going to pay for. My aunt has a co-worker who does this. He goes in on Sundays after church, gets his java, sits down for an hour or two, then when he leaves, he'll write down the page number he left off at, then pick up there on the next Sunday. It must take him forever to read a book, and he brags to everyone that he does this.

Comment

What does he do if they run out of the book before he's finished?
                            I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
                              What does he do if they run out of the book before he's finished?
                              I don't know. Maybe he raises enough hell about it and they give him a free coffee?

Comment

Working...
                              X