This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am confused beyond belief

OK, I'm am used to guests getting upset and hanging up when I tell them I have no rooms available, but I just had someone get upset because I had availability still
    ok, wth, you're upset because i have rooms... I thought this would be a good thing for you if you need somewhere to stay...

my last little bit of sanity for the day just flew out the window
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Trust me

I had one customer complain because the final bill for repairing their computer was a lot less than the original estimate! Instead of $120 plus tax (this is Canada, land of the tax) the bill only came to $15 plus tax.

They demanded to talk to the manage to complain to. I could see that it hurt his brain as-well trying to understand the complaint.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      OK, I'm used to guests getting upset and hanging up when I tell them I have no rooms available, but I just had someone get upset because I had availability still
      My guess is he didn't want to go on the trip and was hoping he could tell the wife/boss/parents/whoever that there was just no place to stay.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        OK, I'm am used to guests getting upset and hanging up when I tell them I have no rooms available, but I just had someone get upset because I had availability still
        ok, wth, you're upset because i have rooms... I thought this would be a good thing for you if you need somewhere to stay...
        Maybe they were playing Mary and Joseph and were disappointed that there actually was room at the Inn.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          I had one customer complain because the final bill for repairing their computer was a lot less than the original estimate! Instead of $120 plus tax (this is Canada, land of the tax) the bill only came to $15 plus tax.

They demanded to talk to the manage to complain to. I could see that it hurt his brain as-well trying to understand the complaint.
          I had to have the breaker box and service line to my house replaced this past fall (ah the joys of home ownership). The electrician estimated the bill to be between $1200 and $1400 for the whole job. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the final bill and it was below $1000. I certainly wasn't going to complain about paying less for something I was expecting to pay much more for. The logic of some people just amazes me.
          Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
            Instead of $120 plus tax (this is Canada, land of the tax) the bill only came to $15 plus tax..
            Empathy problem. Yours, surprisingly enough. IF someone says $120 and the job comes in $15, most people think "FANTASTIC!!", and that is your line of thinking. You are angry because he got mad and demanded a Manager. Perhaps he was rude, but unreasonable?

If he's had imcompetant work done before, EG replacing a fuse when there is an intermittant cord or a bad battery, then his response is understandable. RUDE, but understandable. You might have been the only smart person in a line of dumb techs. I dunno. But sometimes there is a REASON for suckiness. It's never okay to take frustration out on random workers who've done you no wrong, but not everyone is simply selfish and nasty.

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
              Empathy problem. Yours, surprisingly enough. IF someone says $120 and the job comes in $15, most people think "FANTASTIC!!", and that is your line of thinking. You are angry because he got mad and demanded a Manager. Perhaps he was rude, but unreasonable?

If he's had imcompetant work done before, EG replacing a fuse when there is an intermittant cord or a bad battery, then his response is understandable. RUDE, but understandable. You might have been the only smart person in a line of dumb techs. I dunno. But sometimes there is a REASON for suckiness. It's never okay to take frustration out on random workers who've done you no wrong, but not everyone is simply selfish and nasty.
              Yes he was unreasonable. Even if he followed your line of thought, until the problem is proved it was not properly fixed, he should not be complaining. More expensive =/= better or correct is simple logic, just because it cost less does not mean it was a sub-par job or the wrong job, and he should not be complaining until AFTER he discovers it is, and that is IF it is.

He jumped the gun and acted rude without provocation, and no, bad experience in the past is no excuse for bad behavior in the present. Even if it was not due to selfishness and nastiness, he was still unreasonable and rude. Suck is suck and going off on an innocent over a bad experience makes you nasty in my book. I would have no empathy for him either.

Reason =/= Excuse
              Last edited by Velfarre2001; 12-26-2007, 05:12 AM.
              "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
              James from Pokémon.

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
                Oh come on, it was a short, funny little story and here you are analyzing it to death.

Can't we all just have a nice laugh at a man complaining about someone saving him over a $100?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                  Oh come on, it was a short, funny little story and here you are analyzing it to death.

Can't we all just have a nice laugh at a man complaining about someone saving him over a $100?
                  or finding them a room in a "sold out" city (which apparently wasn't so sold out).

Comment

oh, and an update, I was talking to my former coach and he suggested that it was probably a secret shopper from another hotel that was upset because she was hoping we wold tell her we were sold out and we would refer guests to her... because most likely she too had a lot of availbility and was hoping for someone to send more guests her way... only logical thing we can think of...

Comment

Working...
                    X