This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping customer on phone=rude

So my store manager comes up and asks me how my day's going. Tell her it's Monday with a vengence. Seems some lady in the store had told her I was rude to her. (I had spoken to her on the phone earlier, put a DVD on hold for her, and was perfectly polite.) Which was hard for me to do since I hadn't talked to any women in person yet (strangely enough). Turns out, it was the chick from the phone earlier that had come up to the video desk while I was on the phone with another customer putting in a special order for her. While I was doing this, the Rye, the video guy (hey, that rhymes! ) came up and she asked him. Well, I heard "DVD" and "hold" and pointed towards the rack on the front of the desk to let him know that's where it was. But the thing was, I was on the phone with someone else, just how exactly was I rude? Was I supposed to put the nice lady on the phone on hold and bow down to her? I probably would have gotten in trouble for that!

At least our new store manager (3rd one in 3 years) gets your side first instead of just automatically believing whatever the custormer says and writing you up!

It was a Monday spent in the Seventh Circle of Hell. I am now going to consume mass quantaties of wine!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Good thing you have a nice manager. That could have been a nice lose-lose situation otherwise.
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Don't you know? The second that customer came into the store, you were picked to be her little slave. Better watch out, she may have it in for you now, since you didn't get in trouble this time.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I hate when you are on the phone with a customer and people expect you to get off the phone for them.
        Since my store is highly understaffed (every WHShit is) I am usually alone in the Books and Entertainment Dept from 3pm. Also, since we are understaffed, no one is ever able to answer the phone when it rings, and since I am in Books and it is less busy there, I usually end up answering it.

Without fail...there could be no one in the dept, but as soon as I pick up the phone, people getin line. They wait there, stare, give me dirty looks, huff and puff...cough, you know. If I have to do a book order over the phone, it takes about 5 mins, so I will tell the customer on the phone to hold for one second, and I will inform the people in the line that I will be a while and they are welcome to wait or they can pay upstairs. Some will go, some will give an evil look, some will wait for a minute, then huff and stomp off like a 12 year old. Then I get the ones that say things and argue....they like to say"I only have a question", "I am in a hurry", or..."can't you help me first I AM in the store and not ON THE PHONE".

I hate it....it is a no win situation.
        "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

Working...
        X