This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ree View Post
    Interesting that this thread has been on here since August, and, apart from a handful of people, some are only now choosing to be offended by the comments made.
    Well, being new here I did not see this thread when it was posted in August. I would have posted the same thing then if I had been a member at that time.

Comment

Quoth Ciarrai View Post
      Well, being new here I did not see this thread when it was posted in August.
      True, but others who were here in August also appear to have only seen this for the first time.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

It's easy to miss a thread the first time around... or read it differently when it gets bumped
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
          This just made me remember- in my home town there is/was a resell shop that bought and sold a lot of different used items. The name of it was Trash 'N Treasures.
          Sounds like my kind of place Last year, I bought a huge 1/48 scale Revell B1b bomber model kit at my church's white elephant...for the princely sum of $3. I mean, this plane is huge--the fuselage alone is nearly 3 feet long! Since the kit had been opened and started, it wasn't going to sell, and the church just wanted it gone. I'm not complaining, since that kit new...was about $85. If only I could find one of those 1/8 scale AMT Jaguar E-Types for that price...that would rock!
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'm not offended, to each his own. Just saying that I DO love True Crime. www.crimelibrary.com is one of my favorite sites!

Mr. Healey is entitled to his opinion, I to mine. That's all.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
              Quoth Jester View Post
              True crime is "subterranean" taste? Interesting. There are a lot of intelligent, educated people who read this genre
              All I can say is that makes you an anomaly. Next time you are in that section, look at and talk to the people next to you.
              I think it was this comment that annoyed me. Im someone that missed this thread when it was first posted, I've not been harbouring resentment over it for months or anything

However on reflection, I do have to agree with Barefootgirl on pretty much everything she said
              Edit: Ooo, crimelibrary! theres a site I'd forgotten about! My day is sorted now
              Last edited by stormtreader; 01-03-2007, 12:03 PM.
              "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
              "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
              Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                Actually I love the computer generated romance novels.
                My grandmother once handed me a few when I was bored saying "here, you might like these." I was 12. Even at that age I could tell the writing was bad.

When I was in the bookstore world, we had one nasty smelly woman (no relation to my stalker really except she also wore a nasty-ass muumuu) who would buy 15 or 20 at a time.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                X