This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't eat this!

I was working at a restaurant/country store, this lady come in and she ordered the fried chicken, this was the promo of the month..

The way it's prepared is by being dipped in a buttermilk/egg mix and floured, dip and floured again. Buttermilk tends to make the crust real dark, I take her the food and she looks at the chicken and immediately says "I can't eat that!" "Is there something wrong with it?" I ask her "It's overcooked, look how dark it is" she snapped "It's cooked using buttermilk, and that makes it dark, I can assure you that it's not overcooked, why don't you try a bite?"

She refused to take a bite of it, kept insisting that it was overcooked, I even had a manager talk to her and he told her the same thing, but she wouldn't budge. She said she'd eat the veggies and I took back two perfectly good pieces of chicken.

The veggies were 1.49 a piece, I dropped off her check of 4.50, give or take a few cents and she said "4.50$ for 3 vegetables! I will not be coming back here!."

I wanted to say "good", but kept from it
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Great! Can I have it? I love fried chicken like that.
    I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
      Great! Can I have it? I love fried chicken like that.
      No kidding, makes me hungry thinking about it.

Comment

I'd expect that attitude from a small child but an adult come on. How hard would it have been to take a single bite of the chicken instead of throwing a tantrum about it. I have never tried chicken prepared like that but it sounds delicious.
        My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Now I want fried chicken. I think I will make it for dinner tonight.

Comment

Don't keep us in suspense. How much did she tip?? I'm sure she was a GRRREEEATTTT tipper.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

That sounds pretty good. I'd definetly eat it, even though I'm not big on chicken.

As for the woman, she should be glad Gordon Ramsay wasn't there.

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
                I will not be coming back here!."
                Translation: I will be back in same time next week, & will find something else to whine about.

This reminds me of what happened with one of my co-workers back in my retail hell days. This old lady came up to him & the following conversation took place:

OL: I don't know why I shop here!
                CW: Ah, you don't mean that!
                OL: Yes, I do! You never have anything I need! I don't know why I even shop here!
                CW: Ah, you don't mean that!
                OL: Yes, I do! *five minute rant about store*
                CW: (having enough of this lady) Well, then, why do you shop here?
                OL: *stares at him with mouth gaping for a few seconds, and then walks off*

He thought for sure she was going to bitch about him. If she did, he never heard a word of it.
                Last edited by Tito; 01-05-2008, 09:01 PM.
                "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
                  Now I want fried chicken. I think I will make it for dinner tonight.
                  You must smell my Mom's fried chicken . . . which should be done in just a few minutes.

Got a fresh cake of cornbread, too. And it's gooooooooooood
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I can't eat this!
                    Da na na na! Da da! Da na!
                    Can't eat this!

Ba da na na na! Da da! Da na!
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      I can't eat this!
                      Da na na na! Da da! Da na!
                      Can't eat this!

Ba da na na na! Da da! Da na!

Now that's gonna be stuck in my head the rest of the night.

(The dark chicken sounds perfect to me.)

Retail Haiku:
                      Depression sets in.
                      The hellhole is calling me ~
                      I don't want to go.

Comment

Working...
                      X