This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echoing the other statements.

And adding on that if you do apply at the prison, don't even let it cross your mind that they might not hire you because of being small or female or any other reason there might be. If my 40+ year-old aunt can take a baton to the head of prisoners, anyone can. She's told me several times I should apply as well since I'd be a natural at a physically aggressive job, but I wouldn't take it for the same reason I never tried to become a cop, a lawyer, or any other job where you're required to show that much restraint...I just like to scrap too much. My career as a cop would end the first time I shot some bimbo in the foot for cussing me.

Someone with a lot of patience and able to calm down irate and moronic people is exactly what they'll be looking for. Just make sure to watch your back. And don't hesitate to brain the first person who tests your authori-tah. *cough*
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

My BF has had a lot more police interaction than I have (the joys of Taco Hell) and he says the 6'+, 250+ pound men didn't scare him a bit. Those itty bitty, barely 5' & 90 pounds soaking wet women? Scared him to death.

Those big cops were aware that they were intimidating & could afford (so to speak) to be easy going. Those little women knew that they weren't physically scary & would have the holster unsnapped & a hand on the gun handle.
      I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

This is horsecrap, plain and simple. You were downsized, and since they don't want to potentially pay unemployement, they manufactured one af any possile "infractions" that happen to every call center employee, every day, and terminated you based on that. Typical simple sneaky corporate b.s. It's the American freakin' way.
        I will never go to school!

Comment

Kara, I work the retail side for an exclusive dealer for your former employer in a college town very near you (see my screen name), and I have enjoyed your stories because I get them on a daily basis, only in person. I will miss hearing your call center stories. It felt like I had a fellow soldier in the hellish war that is the cell phone industry.

That said, in my experience, unless you were paid to sign a non-compete agreement, they are not enforceable.

Comment

Kara, I'm a bit late in joining this, but I am sorry that you were unjustly fired. Whether you decide to confront T-Mobile or persue other job opportunities, I wish you the best.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Kara,

You don't know me from Eve, but your posts were one of the reasons I stopped lurking and joined this forum.

I wish you the best of luck in the job hunt.

If you're interested in a federal job, but not sure if a prison is the right place, check out http://www.usajobs.gov, it's a clearing house for all the government agency job listings.

Comment

Working...
              X