X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to think before I speak!

Sunday...

I'm cashing through a younger guy, and ask for his club card and air miles card. He gives me a bewildered look and says: Oh, is this S_____y? Am I at S_____y?

I just can't stop myself from being a smarta**, so I look down at my nametag and apron and say: Well, there's the big red S, and right here it says S_____y, so I'm guessing we are at S_____y.

He thought it was pretty funny, but I'm just waiting for the time when I'm being a smarta** and the customer doesn't find my humour and comments to be funny and I get called to the office and torn a new one. The problem is that I've been there so long that I can't help myself - I think of a smart response and 95% of the time it's out of my mouth before I can stop it.
    It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Don't feel bad. If you've been doing it for a while, I'm sure management types know about it. If they had a real problem with it, I think they might have spoken to you about it.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm cashing through a younger guy, and ask for his club card and air miles card. He gives me a bewildered look and says: Oh, is this S_____y? Am I at S_____y?
      "Wow I sure hope so! I can't beleive no one told me I didn't work here!"

Or, very sloooowly
      "Uh....sir. I am at S______Y. (stepping back) Where....are....you.......?

Quoth Zinjadu View Post
      Sunday...
      I just can't stop myself from being a smarta**, so I look down at my nametag and apron and say: Well, there's the big red S, and right here it says S_____y, so I'm guessing we are at S_____y.
      Our S______y is one of those new lifestyle stores. They changed the big red S into a big white S. All they did was invert the color of their old logo. Imagine the $ that went into that! The new aprons have the slogan "Ingredients for Life" emblazened across the chest of the employees. Of course on me, and most other female employees, it happens to be emblazened across our boo*ies. Those words on those!?!.....somethings a little off there (Hmmm, I want that avatar).The good part? Telling people to kiss my big white S is more fun than telling them to kiss my big red one. (All under my breath of course! )
      WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

What i tell my staff is not to be too caustic with clients - any clients, be they new or regular. You never know when a client has had a rough day and one extra sarcastic remark, however innocent, might flip them off if misinterpreted (anything that CAN be misinterpreted WILL be misinterpreted).

A little "tongue in cheek" comment, a one liner, once in a while, I might let pass depending on the client and circumstances, But if I note a salesman starting to take a client for granted, becoming too flippant, not knowing what their limits are, then I have to draw the line, after all if you keep pushing then something is bound to break. I don't tear strips off, I calmly point out what I see as being "naughty" and make sure that I got the point across.

Comment

Eh, you know the old saying. Better a smartass than a dumbass.
          Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

When working in the flower department, I used to use smarta$$ answers too. Customers would be touching the plants and flowers, and when I asked them if they need any help, the answer was always 'no, I'm only looking'.
            Of course, I answered, 'No, you're actually touching'.
            Sigh. It wasn't even that funny.
            I also used to answer thusly to the qyestion 'Do you have the time?' "If you've got the beer!'
            It was from an old beer commercial...probably i'm the only one who remembers it.
            I also used to giggle when people said 'I'm just browsing' while in the flower department. I would always think of how deer 'browse'...eating the lower leaves off of trees and bushes.
            By the way, most people laughed at my pathetic jokes...but you never really knew who would 'get it', and who would think you were insulting them. So, I pretty much gave up the smarta$$ answers.
            I no longer fear HELL.
            I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth batmoody View Post
              The new aprons have the slogan "Ingredients for Life" emblazened across the chest of the employees. Of course on me, and most other female employees, it happens to be emblazened across our boo*ies. Those words on those!?!
              Oh, I WANT one!!!!!!! I would TOTALLY wear it to work. My boss would die laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really really really want one!!!!!!!
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
                I also used to answer thusly to the qyestion 'Do you have the time?' "If you've got the beer!'
                [singing] "Miller beeeeeerr....."

By the way, how stupid does someone have to be to get in someone's face, after trying to commit fraud....with a police officer standing right there? Obviously pretty damn stupid.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                X