This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple Quickies from the Bread Co.

Coworker told me she had a customer buy a gift card then ask, "So, like, can I use this at like, McDonald's and stuff too?" Coworker just stared at him until he walked away sheepishly.

Customer came in and bought a $1.63 espresso and paid for it with a $100. Manager had to come over and open my safe so I could get change for the bill (seeing as the customer had no other bills on him). Manager stares at the man incredulously and asks, "Seriously?" And as customer walks away after receiving espresso, manager swears, "Ignorant bastard..."

Coworker has a customer order like so, "Alright so do you guys have, like, a sandwich with, like, bread and meat and cheese...?" Coworker restrains self from slapping customer.

When ordering a U Pick 2 (take a wild stab in the dark as to how many items are in the meal!), customer says, "I'll have this sandwich, and this soup, aaaand this salad." I ask, "So the full sized salad, correct?" Customer responds, "No, half." I counter, "So a full sized sandwich then?" Customer again says, "No, half." So I say, "Soup on the side then?" Customer repeats, "No, with the combo." I wonder how said customer got out of first grade with these reading and math skills they apparently lack.

At least I'm down to one night a week there as I have a full-time internship during the week.

Quoth Custard Chick View Post
    When ordering a U Pick 2 (take a wild stab in the dark as to how many items are in the meal!), customer says, "I'll have this sandwich, and this soup, aaaand this salad." I ask, "So the full sized salad, correct?" Customer responds, "No, half." I counter, "So a full sized sandwich then?" Customer again says, "No, half." So I say, "Soup on the side then?" Customer repeats, "No, with the combo." I wonder how said customer got out of first grade with these reading and math skills they apparently lack.
    Ahh the U pick 2.. I love it when they get all pissy after you tell them they can't pick one of each

Comment

Who are these people who walk around with nothing but $100 bills?! If you got it from the bank, then ask them to change it!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Who are these people who walk around with nothing but $100 bills?! If you got it from the bank, then ask them to change it!
        I always do get smaller bills from the bank, BUT, the SIL insists on getting big bills from the bank, and then giving them to me to "repay" me for household expenses.

I'll use them only if my total is very close to or above the $100 mark, or if I go through the self-checkout lane. I do not feel guilty about having the machine give me change. That reminds me...I need to stop at either the bank or the grocery store tomorrow, before I go get my oil changed!
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Coworker has a customer order like so, "Alright so do you guys have, like, a sandwich with, like, bread and meat and cheese...?" Coworker restrains self from slapping customer.
          And this narrows down your choices to...what, exactly? Not the vegetarian cucumber sandwich? OK, that still leaves...*looks at menu*...all of them.

On a related topic, my good co-worker and I were having a discussion on the differences between a burger and a sandwich. I'd like to think that I make a real improvement to the world at my job.
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I don't get the idiots that always walk around with $50s and $100s. At both of my banks, they always give me $20s unless I specifically ask for anything higher.
            I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Coworker told me she had a customer buy a gift card then ask, "So, like, can I use this at like, McDonald's and stuff too?"
              "Only if it's an American Express gift card. It's not? Then NO. Please, go away, I think stupidity is contagious."
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Coworker told me she had a customer buy a gift card then ask, "So, like, can I use this at like, McDonald's and stuff too?" Coworker just stared at him until he walked away sheepishly.
                Maybe he was under the impression that mcdonalds and the bread company are owned by the same parent company? Or she saw those commercials for the Amex gift card and just assumed that a "gift card" from a store is the same thing. I dunno... I'm trying to give him the benefit of a doubt, but its hard.

Comment

Working...
                X