This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
    At the time, online = BBS's, no such thing as on-line dictionaries. And she couldn't remember if it was spelled 'vynil' or 'vinyl'. I have no idea if she had a dictionary at her desk or not, but as soon as she asked me, I had a brain hiccup & couldn't remember either. I finally looked at a sign in the store (provided by corporate) & crossed my fingers that it was correct.
    Ah. Makes more sense in that context. Still does bother me that, in this age, people don't bother with one.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
      That's exactly what it is. A dill pickle in a bag with some brine. Most grocery stores sell them around the Deli. One thing I heard about that is getting really popular (hasn't made it's way here yet) is the same thing with some grape Kool-Aid in the brine. Ick.

but.. but.. thats just weird?! I mean who wants 1 pickle in a bag? I mean, if you want 1 pickle, wouldn't it be easier to buy a small jar so you have more pickles for the future? Pickles last soooo long!
      Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Quoth Fawn View Post
        but.. but.. thats just weird?! I mean who wants 1 pickle in a bag? I mean, if you want 1 pickle, wouldn't it be easier to buy a small jar so you have more pickles for the future? Pickles last soooo long!
        These are usually big dills that are sold in the bag, almost full cucumber sized. If you're buying pickles that big, the jars are usually measured in the gallons. Most people don't want to deal with that, so some bright guy started selling them individually wrapped in a bag.

Most of the bagged pickles I've seen are 6-8 inches long, and fairly thick.
        Last edited by Geek King; 01-11-2008, 02:31 PM.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
          These are usually big dills that are sold in the bag, almost full cucumber sized. If you're buying pickles that big, the jars are usually measured in the gallons. Most people don't want to deal with that, so some bright guy started selling them individually wrapped in a bag.

Most of the bagged pickles I've seen are 6-8 inches long, and fairly think.
          For some reason I have a bad feeling about that last sentence
          Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            Most of the bagged pickles I've seen are 6-8 inches long, and fairly think.

Congratulations! You've just coined a new word! (well, a new meaning for an existing word).

Think: Somewhere between thin and thick.
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

"IAM DOG CHUNKS"
              *Insert tasteless Michael Vick joke here*
              I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
                Quick educational comment:

You'd have to have TWO pickles-in-a-bag for evolution to occur. There is no evolution without sex. That is all.

So..what you are saying is that all the "Sex Ed Classes" that I had, that said you only needed 1 pickle to have sex are wrong?
                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  1 empty package of Advil (in the shaving section next to the OTC drugs.)

1 opened package of Barbie Band-Aids (by the Ethnic hair care section)

1 opened package of Sylvania dot-it lights (this one one of our regulars found and gave to me.)

But nonethless . . . where's the logic in this?
                  one person had a headache.

one person's child cut themselves in the store.

one person just wanted to steal a cool little light.

So the logic is...they are all three nasty thieves.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                    Congratulations! You've just coined a new word! (well, a new meaning for an existing word).

Think: Somewhere between thin and thick.
                    Gah...sometimes my fingers have minds of their own. Of course, it could have been caused by the guy who was just argueing with me that he has always been able to open PDF files in Word, so why isn't it working now. Right.

I was wishing he would "think."
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                    X