This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Coin-Shop Stories

Both of these SC's came to the coin shop Mr. Dips works for on December 26. The store was shorthanded because the owner was in Florida visiting his new grandchild. The only other co-worker, Dee, with the passcode for the alarm had just lost her mother and Mr. Dips was still on bereavement leave for our son. That left just two people, Tina and Barb, to mind the store for a few days, but they expected business to be slow. No problem, right?

Dee's mother's wake was December 26. Nevertheless Dee offered to come by and disarm the store alarm at 8:00 AM, then stop by and arm it again at 2:00 PM so Tina and Barb could close up and everyone could make it to the wake at 3:00 PM.

Mr. Dips and I went to the wake as well. Dee and everyone else had been very supportive and understanding during our son's illness and after his death. Even though it was very soon for us and very hard to walk into a funeral parlor, we couldn't NOT be there for her, you know?

When we got there we were greeted with not one but TWO SC stories that had happened just that day.

The first thing that Tina and Barb found when they walked in was an overnight order that had been faxed in on Christmas day, a day when the neither the store nor the post office was open.

So they gathered the order up and got it ready to overnight ship. The phone rang at about noon...

You can see where this going, right?

The guy who had placed the overnight order wanted to know why it hadn't arrived yet and became very angry when told that they hadn't shipped it on Christmas day. The fact that they were closed and nobody was there on Christmas day to check the fax didn't mollify him, nor did the fact that their shipper, the post office, wasn't even open on Christmas. It was "unacceptable" customer service.

Of course, he was willing for them to "make it up to him" by shipping it overnight for free to arrive on December 27.

Such a clever way to scam free shipping, NOT! They asked him if he wanted to pay for having the order shipped to arrive on the 27th or cancel the order. He chose to cancel.

The next SC showed up as Dee was arming the alarm at closing time. The guy wanted to place an order and was refused because it was closing time and Dee HAD to get going. Tina apologized for the inconvenience, explained the reason they had to close right now and expected he would act like most people and take it like a grownup.

Not this guy. He actually started whining.

"But this is the ONLY TIME I can do this on my work schedule. You were closed yesterday (which as Christmas, if you remember) and now you're closing early today. It's not faaaaaiiiiir to me to do this."

Tina explained very nicely that he could come back any time they were open or, if that wasn't convenient, he could phone or fax his order in or place it on the web site.

"But whyyyyyy can't you take it noooooow?"

Tina just bluntly told him she couldn't and he needed to leave now so Dee could lock up and get ready for her mother's wake.

So he stomped out the door and peeled out of the parking lot to show how displeased he was.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Asshats, both of them. Definitely not what you or Dee needed at this time.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Ugh. What a pair of bastards! Reminds me of the time that an irate customer got tossed out of the hobby shop for giving the owner a hard time. Keep in mind that the guy just had a stroke, and wasn't "all there." In other words, he'd forget what he was looking for, or had difficulty even working on things. Yet, that didn't stop a customer from calling him an idiot and screaming at him. He's just lucky that the regulars, myself included, didn't decide to literally toss his ass out into the street
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Hey Dips! Glad to see you back. Even if it is for SCs...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Dips, I'm so sorry for your loss. I noticed we hadn't heard from you in a while.

I have two sons and I don't want to even imagine how it would feel to lose one of them. Please take care and my and many other's prayers are with you.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
          X