This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth IHateStupidCustomers View Post

I'm damn tempted to move. Nice people, and healthcare! Now if only it weren't so cold....
    It's cold 4 months outta 12, cawn-oooooon!!!
    We have seasons too!

Slippery, sweltering, muddy and f*cking cold!

Is it normal for me to find all the "canuck" "canadialand" and other Canada jokes so hilarious?
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Canada and the US being the same my ass. Highways in Canada are 10 times nicer than those in the States. Although I've ventured in Ontario and Quebec (I plan a trip to Vancouver in the near future) they are definitely not the same.

Also, Spain has a version of Quebec, it's called Catalonia.
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

You people stop making fun of Quebec (where I live) before I bust either rule #1 or a gut!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
          Canada and the US being the same my ass. Highways in Canada are 10 times nicer than those in the States.
          You only think that because you're accustomed to the roads in cash-strapped Michigan. Canada's got its places that need work done, and there are decent roads in some of the states. My experience says that the US has better signage and rest facilities overall, though Canada has more consistant road quality.

I loved heading down AB 2, though, (I think it's 2, anyway-- one of the Alberta highways) and seeing the sign saying "Wood House" with the arrow pointing at a house that is, indeed, made of wood.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
            It's cold 4 months outta 12, cawn-oooooon!!!
            We have seasons too!

Slippery, sweltering, muddy and f*cking cold!

Is it normal for me to find all the "canuck" "canadialand" and other Canada jokes so hilarious?
            Hehe....I figured you had seasons! But I would guess it still gets colder in the winter and not as hot in the summer as places farther south.
            "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
            "Red."
            "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
            "RED!"
            "..."

Comment

Hehe....I figured you had seasons! But I would guess it still gets colder in the winter and not as hot in the summer as places farther south.
              Oh definitely. We get hot peaks of 30 sometimes and cold peaks of -20 (Coldest was in the -40). Once while I was in Tennessee, my ex's mom told me to put on a sweater because it was cold.

Woo boy. Good thing I didn't, I would have had heat-stroke!

Comment

Depends on where you live. I'm in southern ontario (not too far from Toronto). It doesn't get as cold as some of the other places. Plus, the summer can actually be hotter then most places. Its a very muggy heat too, so it feels eveb worse.
                Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                  My friend and I were discussing this one day, that Canada could just walk in and take over the US. The reason why it would be so easy? No one would see it coming.
                  I'm not so sure about that. I mean, the sandwich shop across the street from me, has more subs than the Canadian military But seriously, it would *finally* give those nutjobs here some backing about "those black helicopters going to invade the US from Canada..."
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    "those black helicopters going to invade the US from Canada..."
                    All 3 of them?

Wow.

If those geniuses are afraid of the THREE black wolf helicopters we got since...1997 I think, This is gonna be one easy invasion.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                      I'm not so sure about that. I mean, the sandwich shop across the street from me, has more subs than the Canadian military But seriously, it would *finally* give those nutjobs here some backing about "those black helicopters going to invade the US from Canada..."
                      Yep with Hockey stick logos on the side of 'em and a Tim Hortons cup on the dash!

Anyone seen the movie Canadian bacon?

I'm a canadian but I have an american fiance and I work for a call center that services an american company, so I am very familiar at the many differences between our two countries (there is of course a lot that's the same too).

I find it funny, I've taken so many calls from people who are shocked that the free roaming in their plans does NOT include Canada! Well you know folks, it's a whole other country. I understand it's a lot like the U.S., but it's still technically international.
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

You people stop making fun of Quebec (where I live) before I bust either rule #1 or a gut!
                        Are you kidding? Do you know how many Catalonia and Quebec jokes I have? Catalonia is seriously like Quebec at times. Both threaten to leave their respective countries to become their own and when said countries say go ahead said regions reply with "Uh no we were just kidding."

Also, our newspapers are run by Canadians with an agenda!

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                        You only think that because you're accustomed to the roads in cash-strapped Michigan. Canada's got its places that need work done, and there are decent roads in some of the states. My experience says that the US has better signage and rest facilities overall, though Canada has more consistant road quality.
                        Good point but most of the roads I'm used to involve the Illinois-Wisconsin area and the south and I've seen some nice roads in Illinois of the few times I've been there. Although I'd take Canada's roads any day because like you said I'm accustomed to the nightmare that is a Michigan highway and believe me they are not fun.

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                        I understand it's a lot like the U.S., but it's still technically international.
                        Heh. My mom and I once got into an argument claiming that visiting Canada even though you live 30 minutes away does not count as going abroad. My dad also said that somewhere in London England a kid and their parent is having that argument about visiting France.
                        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

If those geniuses are afraid of the THREE black wolf helicopters we got since...1997 I think, This is gonna be one easy invasion.
                          Of course those geniuses are also responsible for 99.9% of the calls to the UFO hotline, and make up about 99% of the guest list on Jerry Springer... But, if Canada did invade, we'd quickly retaliate by forcing Paris Hilton, and Britney Spears to live there...thereby bringing down the collective IQ of the entire country. Take that

Seriously though, I've been up that way a few times...and always had a good time. It's been too long , must go back
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Oh definitely. We get hot peaks of 30 sometimes and cold peaks of -20 (Coldest was in the -40). Once while I was in Tennessee, my ex's mom told me to put on a sweater because it was cold.

Woo boy. Good thing I didn't, I would have had heat-stroke!
                            See, that's way too cold for me! I live in southern Ohio, which is still pretty far north in the scheme of things, but it doesn't hardly ever get below zero. Getting below 20 doens't happen too often, and usually only at night.

I love the heat, though. We keep out apartment at 75-80 degrees minimum!
                            "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                            "Red."
                            "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                            "RED!"
                            "..."

Comment

I would breath a sigh of relief when a call beeped in and I saw on my screen that it was a Canadian customers.

I'm damn tempted to move. Nice people, and healthcare! Now if only it weren't so cold....
                              Give it a few more years and the weather will be like Northern California.
                              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                              HR believes the first person in the door
                              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                              Document everything
                              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                                we'd quickly retaliate by forcing Paris Hilton, and Britney Spears to live there..
                                Well, we did give you Celine Dion, so that's probably getting close to even.
                                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                                X