This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth IHateStupidCustomers View Post
    See, that's way too cold for me! I live in southern Ohio, which is still pretty far north in the scheme of things, but it doesn't hardly ever get below zero. Getting below 20 doens't happen too often, and usually only at night.
    Keep in mind that they use a different temperature scale up there. -20 is only a hair below zero. And -40 is only... uh, -40. That's where the scales intersect.

Of course, a few more winters like we're having right now, and my blood's going to thin out considerably, to where below freezing is actually cold.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      She's probably one of those morons who thinks New Mexico is a different country...
      When my professor moved out to New Mexico, her family asked, "Why do have to move all the way to a different country?"

After doing a *headdesk* my professor explained to her family that New Mexico is indeed, part of the US, not it's own country.

I can say this because I'm southern, but the are like a freakin' stereotype from family guy or the dukes of hazzard. And by that, I mean that they are severely uneducated. Of course, my family, ALL of them northern, aren't very educated either. Especially on matters of what constitutes as science...but I guess that's just a product of the cult that they're involved in...

Carry on everyone...
      Check out my cosplay social group!
      http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Guys, guys... the Canadians aren't going to invade--after all, they've got the secret coup going on.

Comment

Paris Hilton would wither away to nothing in the cold we have up here.

(Oh come on I can dream right?)
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            Well, we did give you Celine Dion, so that's probably getting close to even.
            Don't forget Pamela Anderson.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

You know I don't mind Canadians invading, as long as I get to see Kids in the Hall reruns and coverage of every Red Wings-Maple Leafs game I'd be happy.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion
                Um, officially we've been metric since 1972 or so, but roadsigns and speeds are still in miles. We can still buy pints of milk and beer.
                Is there really any place where you can buy a litre of beer?

*whispers to Canadians* How about a joint effort? We can split America up between us. XD
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  *whispers to Canadians* How about a joint effort? We can split America up between us. XD
                  Don't listen to them, Canda. Once they are done taking us over they'll take you guys back too. Although I have a feeling they would leave Quebec alone

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                    You know I don't mind Canadians invading, as long as I get to see Kids in the Hall reruns and coverage of every Red Wings-Maple Leafs game I'd be happy.
                    We lived for Kids in the Hall when I was in college, and I can still recite many of the sketches when I watch my DVDs.
                    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      Is there really any place where you can buy a litre of beer?
                      Continental Yurp, I reckon. I should have said it's still sold in pints over here.

Mind you, people seem to have gone the way of allegedly fashionable beers and drink them in small bottles.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                        Every once in a while though I'll get someone wanting to know why it costs $9.00 to ship something 2500 miles to California and it only takes 3 - 5 days and it costs $22.00 to send it 350 miles to Toronto and it could take 2 weeks or more.
                        You could ship it for $9.00 by addressing it to "street address, Toronto, Ontario, CA", leaving off the postal code. Of course, the USPS would send it to somewhere near Los Angeles, not to your customer.

Dips, I'm glad your company increased the handling fee for the Mexican client to cover the levy imposed under section one-D-ten-T of the revised tax code.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          Continental Yurp, I reckon. I should have said it's still sold in pints over here.
                          Technically its legal to sell beer in Pints, half pints and third of pint variants. I'm ptty sure that a yard of ale isn't a legal measure because of that (I may be spectacularly wrong on that though)
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

How does one portion out a yard of ale? The only way that comes to mind is a 3 foot tall, skinny glass. Kind of hard to drink from really.

Comment

Hey, now, all this talk of giving away New Mexico! I'm not sure, but I think I'm insulted! I'm a native and live in Albuquerque. And I know I've posted this link before, but here it is again: http://www.nmmagazine.com/FEATURES/50missing.html

It's absolutely terrifying how many people (especially in Arizona, Colorado, and Texas) that don't know we're a state! Not just random people either, huge international companies that you would think would know better.
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Xieg View Post
                                Although I have a feeling they would leave Quebec alone
                                If you don't stop making fun of Quebec right now, I'm gonna write a GOD-DAMN letter!

I love you Glen Foster!
                                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
                                X