X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not good business!

oh lord...

Today we had something happen today.

We had a "planned" drive off, girlfriend came in and bought something while boyfriend pumped gas. Tried to leave without paying, I was able to acctually case the car down (I think I broke the record for the 50 yard dash in the process) Got their license and noticed their gas cap was on the back of the car.

Luckily police were called.

That's not the story I want to tell.

About an hour later some guy comes in in a green chevy truck. Picks up[ the pump and then puts his card in. Which of course our pumps won't recognize the card after it's been picked up. We usually approve the pump anyways and tell the person to please come in to pay cause the card didn't take. We were quite busy and didn't get a chance to.

He was about to leave and I managed to stop him before he left and asked him to please come in and pay.

He got really mad and told us "I picked up the pump, put my card it and it started working. It took my card" And no matter how many times I tried to tell him that's not how it worked at our store he kept saying "That's not good business!" and that he wasn't willing to accept that he was at fault.

he finally said "This is not a good busienss" I told him flat out.

"Sir, apparently alot of people think this is a good business because they keep coming back because we approve a pump and not require that everyone prepay"

He says "I'm making a complaint to the company about this"

Finished processing his card and such, told him "Have a nice day" and he left.

My co worker said that more than likely this happened before with the same guy and even then he made a stink about it then.

One of my co-workers did the same thing that guy did... but he actually drove off, thinking he'd paid for his gas.

The store was pretty cool about it since they recognized him as a frequent customer. In fact, instead of going to the cops they went and looked up his number first to let him know what happened. They did say they'd have to call the cops if he didn't pay, but it sounded more like policy than anything else.

So, as soon as he could, he came over and paid for the gas. The clerk there also said, "If it shows up on your credit bill afterall, just come back and we'll give you a refund."

Ever since his story.... I've made a point of getting a receipt when I pay at the pump.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      I've made a point of getting a receipt when I pay at the pump.
      That is what I always do. I also manage to write down the mileage.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
        yep! cos if you reset your tripometer each time you buy gas you can figure out the miles/gallon you're getting, and the cost per gallon

Comment

I don't want to know how much it costs me to drive. I just don't. It's too much. That's all I need to know.

Regarding "that's not good business". In my experience, 99% of the people who say that are clueless gits.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
            Yep, me too. My Chrysler Concorde has gotten a steady 26 - 28 MPG (30 when I'm cruising the flatlands on the open road) since the day I bought it. When it gets down to close to 25, I tune it up. Not bad for a 4,000 pound car (when I'm in it) with 254,000 miles.

Namrepus221, your customer totally fits the description of sucky.
            This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              Ever since his story.... I've made a point of getting a receipt when I pay at the pump.
              I've done that ever since pay-at-the-pump started.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
              X