This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not a drunk!

We had a guy quit so the boss hired a new guy today. He was outside with me pumping gas, we had made it almost an entire shift with no SC's. But with an hour left that changed.

Guy pulls up to the pumps, jumps out and starts heading to the store. My new co-worker(NCW) asks if he can help him. SC says he is looking for a place to buy a beer. NCW tells him if he goes two buildings up they have 6-packs and cases of beer for sale. SC yells, "I am not a drunk! I just need ONE god damn beer. I have am driving down the highway and need one beer not a god damn 6-pack or a case." NCW tells him then he needs to go up the road to the stop light and he can get one at the place there.

He kept repeating this as he got back into his car.

Me and the two ladies in the car I was putting gas in started laughing our asses off and began wondering why he would be drinking while driving down the highway.

I told NCW if he had asked me that and then gave me that reply I wouldnt have been that nice. I just wish I could have gotten his plate number to report it to the police. But I was laughing way to hard at the time.

EDIT: Well guess he wasnt an SC since he didnt buy anything now that I think about it.
    Last edited by VenomX; 01-11-2008, 03:51 AM.

Methinks he doth protest too much.

The only people I've ever seen buy one single beer at the liquor store were indeed drunks. Most people buy a case or a 6 pack.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

My thoughts exactly Boozy. And with a nickname like Boozy, I would think that you know

Just kidding.
      "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

But if you're a real alky, what's one beer gonna do for you? Unless you're in Germany.
        I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
          But if you're a real alky, what's one beer gonna do for you?
          Put off the DTs long enough for you to get home, where you have your stash.

Seriously, that's what the drunks do if they find themselves out longer than expected. They just need the one to buy themselves time.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Just give them a complimentary bottle of Aqua Velva.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
              Put off the DTs long enough for you to get home, where you have your stash.

Seriously, that's what the drunks do if they find themselves out longer than expected. They just need the one to buy themselves time.

I buy just one beer sometimes, granted it's usually the 16oz or 24oz bottles, not the 12oz, however, it's usually just because I want a beer when I get home, but only have like $2 on me (I don't carry a lot of cash, and usually leave my debit card at home unless I know I need it.)
              <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

unless it's one of those giant bottles...
                or a gormet / microbrew bottle. .. then again those microbrews are tasty, so yeah why get just one.

tho i have purchased single cans here just to see if i like it before i go and buy a whole case. kinda a waste of $ (or ¥) to buy a case, drink one and go "wtf yuck"... (tho i haven't found any icky ones yet, maybe it's just the mass-produced american beers i dont like...?)

Comment

Working...
                X