This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Deliberately" lying to customers

Oh for this most part tonight was ok, a bit slow and boring after about 7, but it's January, what should I expect?

Well one woman gave me my fill of reason to hate customers.

characters
    JM = Jeanne Marie (she called in her complaint and gave me her full name, what a dunce!)
    me = the one and only
    MG = manager on duty
    CH = carhop mentioned

*me taking orders, carhops are all busy taking orders out and stocking*
    *phone rings for a full three minutes before I get all of the orders finished*

me: [sonic I work at] this is [me] can I help you?
    JM: hi this is Jeanne Marie, I came by earlier, the girl who took my order over the phone(call-in orders have a tendency to get minor mistakes for some reason) assured me that she rang me up for extra gravy with both of my chicken dinners, and when CH brought out my order she read back to me that there was extra gravy and when I asked if it was in the boxes she said yes.

( carhops at my location do not check for order accuracy, we put a bracelet that has some identifier in it in front of a scanner, and the scanner tells us what tray to take, where to take it and how much money to get, then we take the tray out, assuming that the person who's job it is to make sure the order is right knows what they are doing)

JM: then when I get home the gravy wasn't there which means that CH deliberately lied to me so that I would hear what she wanted me to hear.

me: so you want to speak with a manager?

JM:*low whisper* oh you're not a... * normal voice* I mean yes get me your manager!

me: hey MG, phone

*MG was busy and it took her 3-4 minutes before she went to go talk to the woman who I think hung up before MG got there*

well thats the end of that one, there was also a won=man that came by and said " I need 30 gift cards"

to clarify I asked " a 30 dollar gift card?"

her " no 30 five dollar gift cards"

( managers have to enter in the value of gift cards manually, they take about 10 seconds to enter, I wish all of you could have seen my managers face when I called back that the woman wanted 30 cards)
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
    What does it mean?
    I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Entitlement whore. $150 for missing gravy? Someone just send her someplace awful, please.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

i didn't read it yet but if that's her actual name can you change it? no matter how sucky somebody is that's no excuse for posting it on the internet where there is hatred for her.

Comment

Quoth Shadowwalker View Post
        i didn't read it yet but if that's her actual name can you change it? no matter how sucky somebody is that's no excuse for posting it on the internet where there is hatred for her.
        I somehow don't think "Jeanne Marie" was her full name. Sounds like just a two-part first name to me. I think the OP left out the last name.

How could you forget the gravy? Anything but the gravy!
        Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
          I somehow don't think "Jeanne Marie" was her full name. Sounds like just a two-part first name to me. I think the OP left out the last name.

How could you forget the gravy? Anything but the gravy!
          maybe but the way he wrote it made it seem like it was her full name *shrugs*

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
            Entitlement whore. $150 for missing gravy? Someone just send her someplace awful, please.
            The OP was talking about 2 different women.

The first one seemed to have a legitimate complaint to me.
            From the OP's description, she also didn't seem sucky or demanding <except maybe for the part where she accused the person of lying to her>.

Comment

A legitimate complaint - missing gravy - perhaps. But not a legitimate argument. As the OP mentioned, the Carhops don't review the orders for accuracy.
              The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

LYING TO CUSTOMERZ?!!?!? WEER NOT ALOUD 2 DO THAT!!! LUCKY!
                You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Working...
                X