Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always liked the plastic rolls. I thought they were faster then opening paper ones, but sometimes people did have problems opening them. No cutting should be needed.

With the intention of offering some [hopefully] helpful advice, I offer:

Geek King's Magic Method of Plastic Coin Roll Opening! <trumpets>

1] Hold roll with thumb and index finger so your thumb is on top and close to the open end, and the index finger is on the bottom. Other fingers should support the roll.

2] Squeeze slightly with thumb and index finger while moving the thumb towards the opening and the index finger towards the 'back' of the roll. You may need to 'rock' the coins back and forth slightly if tightly rolled. Coins should loosen and begin exiting the plastic.

*Disclaimer*: Geek King is not responsible for damages or injuries resulting from coins exiting the roll at high velocity, exploding roll, workers slipping on spilled coins, persons trampled in the stampede of customers trying to steal said spilled coins, velociraptors with machineguns attacking through dimentional portals, small bunnies with switchblades, or any instance where emergancy pants are called for. Not safe for children twelve and under, or adults who quote www.icanhascheezburger.com. Void in all states and countries where oxygen is present as studies show oxygen is a leading cause of stupidity and appears to be 100% fatal as all test subjects died...eventually.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Gekk i use to hold them in a thumb and forefinger knock them on the counter twice then allow the slastic t rip alittle under pressure, and removed the rest of the plastic

Comment

It's easiest just to make a small tear in the end, enough that you get past the shrunk-wrap part, then squoosh the whole thing sideways so the coins slide out.

Comment

If it works for you, go with it. My way always worked for me, and used to annoy the hell out of fellow moneyroom workers who would try to tear and beat the hell out of the coin rolls before having me open it in less time then it took to ask.

I'm just throwing out a suggestion for those folks who seem to be having an issue with them. And it gave me the chance to write a goofy disclaimer, which always makes me feel better.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
          X